My mom was complaining about chest pains and short of breath so I took her to the dr they said her heart was not beating right so they send her to the er she stayed there from 1pm till 9 then she got a room in the hospital .They gave her medicine for a heart attack it gave her a horrible head ache she seemed fine after they gave her some medicine she has a gorder they did test on that too she did not have a heart attack thats what the dr said they said one side of her heart is beating and the other is not responding something about a fire? Not sure what he means but they got monitors on her they are not sure what is wrong with her yet she has been in the hospital for 2 days. They gave her a 4 hour stress test yesterday when do those results come back? They are putting a pace maker in her what is that how long will they keep that in her? Im so scared and worried she was sick on her stomach last night throwing up she said she does not want any vistors because she does not feel well but I feel so bad because I am not with her I went to see her last night and she was asleep I go to work everyday should I stay with her or let her have her time alone if she wants it. Everyone at work thinks im crazy for going to work but there is nothing that I can do to help her but pray and she needs her rest. Anyone ever have this irregular heart beat before? Is this life threating? Im so scared please help Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2009
The medicine they gave her was probably Nitroglycerin - it's the standard treatment for chest pains that seem to be cardiac in nature. It would also explain the headache - a very common side effect of Nitroglycerin. As for one side of her heart not working, either the heart muscle is damaged or there is a problem with the special pathways that conduct electrical impulses in the heart. Without more information, it's hard to tell, but since they want to put in a pacemaker, that makes me think it's probably got to do with the electrical conduction more than the muscle. Any problem with the heart can be life threatening, but your mom is in good hands at the hospital. It sounds like the doctors are working with due diligence and doing everything they can for her. Hopefully all goes well for her. I'll keep her in my prayers.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
hello,

have you heard AVENTURINE stone (mineral)? if you buy an aventurine necklage or bracelet and use it on your body, you could feel better... please try it!

sonnur
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....