Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Hi everyone. I recently posted a q in which I asked if I had a genital wart. Here is my post below,

hi I really need an answer to a sexual problem I have. For over a year now I have had a raised lump which resembles the head of a cauliflower, i.E. The top of it is rugged. Sometimes it can go very small although it is still noticeable but other times, especially after sex or when I have been wearing tight trousers, it becomes very swollen. It is the same shape but just more swollen. It can also irritate me and itch. Its is on the labium minus and although it often becomes inflamed it has never spread on me or been passed on. It is not an external lump, it’s like the normal skin but it’s taken on a cauliflower like appearance and is raised. When I pull the skin on both sides, the affected side is very large compared to the unaffected side. It’s like I have excess skin.
Is this a genital wart?

I recently rang a helpline and found out it is not a wart as it has not spread. However, they thought it sounded like pelvic inflammatory disease. I recently had my period and towards the end of it had a brownish discharge which is normal for me. However, this has carried on and has not been going on for three weks. Also after sex with my boyfriend I experience pain when I come to the ehd of urinating, like something is grabbing hold of my bladder! Has anyone experienced similar symtoms, if so I would love to hear off you, thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be sebaceous cyst or excess skin.
Painful micturation after sex indicates infection.
I would suggest you have urinalysis to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.