Hello all,
i am concerned I had my period about 2 weeks ago, it was very light. For the last two weeks I have slight nausea and have cramping like I am going to have my period. My nipples are slightly tender (but then again I am not sure if I am imagining it). I do not know if I am being overly cautious. Do you think I should wait and see if I get my period in two weeks? Am I able to take a pregnancy test now? I am on the pill, should I stop taking it? Please help I am turning into a wreck over here!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2003
Experienced User
I would just wait for a couple of weeks and see if your period is late. If it's not normal for you to have as light of a period as you did, it would be ok to go ahead and take a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease. If it comes up negative, then just wait and see if your period comes.

Good luck and keep us posted
|

replied October 7th, 2003
The pill is known to do that to some people. Its a bit unlikely that you're pregnant, but it is possible that you could be pregnant. Take a test now, if it comes out negitive, then wait to see if you get your period... Good luck.
|

Have you taken your pill when you were supposed to. I had a friend get pregnant because she did not take it when she was supposed to. I would wait if I were you and see if you start your period. But like above if you have a light period too it could be that. How long have you on the pill?
If not long. Your body could be adjusting to the pill.
If it was light spotting I would look out for my period and if you are late definately take a test.

Good luck
|

Still Unsure
Hello all an update...
I have been very sporadic with taking my pill. I just moved to a new town and have been taking it whenever remember (sometimes around 3pm but sometimes not until 10pm). The cramps have worsened over the past day or so. I went and bought a pregnancy test and of course it came back really faint. I couldnt tell if it was one line or a plus sign. How frustrating ! If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. I am a wreck!
|

replied October 8th, 2003
Experienced User
A faint line can definately mean you're pregnant. I would take another one early in the morning.

Let us know
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...