I took a first response brand hpt 4 days before my period. It was negative.....No one has really told me thier opinion on this kind of test. Its meant to be taken before your period. Can I have some feedback??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2004
Community Volunteer
I used it succesfully, but it was probably a weeks or so after my period was missed.
It does have a history of false negatives - so I have heard.
If you get a negative, it is best to wait a few days then try again, if still negative, and you still don't get your period, maybe contact your doctor.
Clear blue easy apparently isn't easy at all, the design makes it difficult to read.
Lots of people recommend dollar store tests, but you really need to wait until after you skip a period as they aren't so sensitive as some of the branded tests.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Its got a bad rep, id say wait until you miss a period and take an ept

<3
gaby
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Gaby, i've heard quite few people say of the ept (on these forums) that the test says not pregnant but that the pee stick has the two lines or a positive test.

Gee, I wish everybodies test went as easy as mine, then we could all be sure, striaght away Smile
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah, that's what happened to me. First response so far was the only one that has come up positive and i'll let you know if I am or not pretty darn soon. I'm sure you've heard that before, but we got the papers on thursday. So I think I can start looking into a doctor next week. However, my tummy is growing and every test is negative still. Even first response so I don't know what that means. I've heard good things about the first response brand.
|

replied October 4th, 2004
Does anyone else have an opinion on these tests?? Id like more
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...