Hi I really need an answer to a sexual problem I have. For over a year now I have had a raised lump which resembles the head of a cauliflower, i.E. The top of it is rugged. Sometimes it can go very small although it is still noticeable but other times, especially after sex or when I have been wearing tight trousers, it becomes very swollen. It is the same shape but just more swollen. It can also irritate me and itch. Its is on the labium minus and although it often becomes inflamed it has never spread on me or been passed on. It is not an external lump, it’s like the normal skin but it’s taken on a cauliflower like appearance and is raised. When I pull the skin on both sides, the affected side is very large compared to the unaffected side. It’s like I have excess skin.
Is this a genital wart?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2008
Doctor
It is hard to say it without seeing it. Can you send me a photo?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
That is a perfect description
of what I also have on my upper groin area, about an inch from the fold there of my leg onto my torso.

It had just been a skin tag/mole which my doctor removed a year ago. It seemed to clear up but then it came back with the same description as above. Cauliflower, bumpy white appearance, 1/4 inch in diameter. It doesn't cause me any problems, but it is there.

I was diagnosed with HPV last August and have wondered if this could be a genital wart.

Please advise.

Thank you.
|

replied April 30th, 2008
the description is text book of an HPV wart.....if you were diagnosed with HPV, its a pretty safe bet thats what you're looking at
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Supporter
How to tell if it's a wart....
You can put vinegar on the areas and if they turn white, they are probably warts.
|

replied April 30th, 2008
vinegar is not a good way to test as it commonly turns other areas white as well that are not warts. See a Dr. as its not worth messing around or worrying back and forth "is it?"
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Supporter
Re: That is a perfect description
Roberta777 wrote:
of what I also have on my upper groin area, about an inch from the fold there of my leg onto my torso.

It had just been a skin tag/mole which my doctor removed a year ago. It seemed to clear up but then it came back with the same description as above. Cauliflower, bumpy white appearance, 1/4 inch in diameter. It doesn't cause me any problems, but it is there.

I was diagnosed with HPV last August and have wondered if this could be a genital wart.

Please advise.

Thank you.

HPV is the virus that causes genital warts, so you are most likely describing a wart.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2008
Thanks For Your Response
My doctor froze off that genital wart and now it appears to be detached and healing of the original site.

One of the hardest things with being diagnosed with HPV, is trying to talk to the partner that you had and have them take you seriously. It is always, "are you going to keep going on about HPV forever?" I believe so as I will have HPV until I die. They wipe their hands and simply walk away.

Unfortuantely, for anyone foolish enough to have unprotected sex, you may think you are free and clear just because you don't show any signs of HPV, but it is a virus. You may have an immune system strong enough to battle it, as Dr. Nikola said, but for the person, women in general who have the high risk types of HPV which can ultimately develop into cervical cancer, you are the one here left with the consequences of your own actions. Use protection people. Please. Protect yourselves.

Bobbie
|

replied May 5th, 2008
Re: Thanks For Your Response
Roberta777 wrote:
My doctor froze off that genital wart and now it appears to be detached and healing of the original site.

One of the hardest things with being diagnosed with HPV, is trying to talk to the partner that you had and have them take you seriously. It is always, "are you going to keep going on about HPV forever?" I believe so as I will have HPV until I die. They wipe their hands and simply walk away.

Unfortuantely, for anyone foolish enough to have unprotected sex, you may think you are free and clear just because you don't show any signs of HPV, but it is a virus. You may have an immune system strong enough to battle it, as Dr. Nikola said, but for the person, women in general who have the high risk types of HPV which can ultimately develop into cervical cancer, you are the one here left with the consequences of your own actions. Use protection people. Please. Protect yourselves.

Bobbie

Bobbie -

I feel your pain bro...but don't be misinformed. "Protection" such as condoms etc. WILL NOT protect you from HPV as it is often in the uncovered skin as well. As far as "talking about it forever" you'll get over it. Read up on the H002 treatment I posted about on here.

peace
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2008
I Agree
Condoms do NOT protect you from HPV. Try telling that to the guy who gave it to you who proclaims to the Heavens he doesn't have it, his xwife doesn't have it and his GF doesn't have it. Must just be me and my problem.

Of course, you are exposed to HPV in the uncovered skin. After all, it is skin to skin contact.

Getting over it or talking about it forever? I guess I am not a happy camper here. He moved on with his life and I am left in the aftermath of being a very foolish woman trusting him when he said he was clean. Stupid mistake.

But, thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Bobbie
|

replied May 12th, 2008
Roberta - unless this guy you're speaking of is the ONLY person you ever had sexual contact with, you have no guarantee that this guy was the place you picked it up. HPV can lay dormant for years. i.e. - although you may be correct, that he gave it to you, I wouldnt be so certain that you know that for sure. It very well may have been someone else.
|

replied October 15th, 2012
If you have oral sex and reg. Sex with some one that you think has genital warts can you get the in the mouth but not the vaginal area? I recently told my dr. about this and had an exam and so far so good but I am now getting a horse voice, and like irritation n redness in the back of my throat and a few redish soft like bumps I couldnt get into my dr right away so I went to like a med stop they said it was irritation from have a sinuse cold or whatever but I am like freaking out , I am going to a follow up with my dr . ???
|

replied October 15th, 2012
If you have oral sex and reg. Sex with some one that you think has genital warts can you get the in the mouth but not the vaginal area? I recently told my dr. about this and had an exam and so far so good but I am now getting a horse voice, and like irritation in the back of my throat I couldnt get into my dr right away so I went to like a med stop they said it was irritation from have a sinuse cold or whatever but I am like freaking out , I am going to a follow up with my dr . ???
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....