I had my last period on august 28th, ended on sept 2nd. My bf and I had unprotected sex on september 16th. We used comdoms but then it broke and he ejaculated inside me..Embarassed I am not on birth control method and I know I should be on one..(regretting it) Embarassed .. On that same day (sep 16th), my bf and I went to get plan b asap. I took one pill that same day(an hour after unprotected sex) and then took another one the next day, after 12 hours. Since then we didnt' have any sex.. Decided to wait until I get a normal period.

Since I took the medication within 24 hours, I thought that the chance of getting pregnancy is very slim. I researched some websites and found out that it can be up to 95% effective if I take it within that same day. I'm waiting for my period to come.. It's been two weeks since I took plan b and still no period!!Shocked... I know that it can be a sign of pregnancy if I don't get a period within 3 weeks after taking plan b.

I've been having breats soreness, muscle pains, especially in my ankle area, food craving, headache, lower abdominel cramps..... Neuseated sometimes, having hard time breathing (sometimes) .. No sign of any bleeding yet... I am very worried!!.. I took pregnancy tests two days ago and it is negative.. I am thinking of taking another one tomorrow ... Any good suggestions??.. Do you think I could be pregnant?..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 1st, 2004
Re:
When you went to the doctor for plan b...Was it bc??? According to the times you specificed....W/ out any protection there is defiantly a possibilty of being pregnant...
However plan b could also be messing with your system...You might talk to a doctor & see what the side effects are if you haven't already...
Good luck!!
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2004
Community Volunteer
I'm assuming you mean the "morning after pill"
as you took it so quick I would expect it to be quite effective. Worrying about your period can make it late/later, also the dose of hormone could mess with your system.
Wait for maybe a week, see if you get your period if not I would arrange to see the doctor just to make sure.
|

Thanks For Your Replies..
I finally got my period!! I guess plan b is pretty effective as long as you take it asap..

I still have brest tenderness though... Not sure why...I guess I need to rest more...

I decided to go on orthoevra patch! I tried these patches before and I didn't like it because it really irritated my skin... But I prefer this to a depo provera.. ^^
anyway thanks for your responses.. I am finally relieved!! =) :d
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Great, I happy for you that things worked out. Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...