Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I'm New Here,i'm Bulimic,and I Need Help (Page 1)

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I'm glad I found a forum relating to eating disorders.Anyway i'm 17 and i'm 140 lbs 5'5.I first discovered self induced vomiting when I was 13 and I would do it whenever I ate something I didn't like,it wasn't much of a problem back then but this summer it really got to me.Usually whenever i'm watching tv I see something that makes me want to eat and I head onto the kitchen and cosume anything knowing that i'm gonna be vomitting later on.Awhile ago I thought I would puke my lungs out because I got 3 slices of bread with cream cheese,2 muffins,and some crackers.It's more of a mental problem because i'm not really hungry.Afterwards,i get major headaches,my intestines hurt,and so do my teeth.It's really gotten serious now and my mom knows what I do and she just says"keep doing that and you'll see what's gonna happen to you",that just makes me want to destroy myself even more.After tonight's experience I don't see myself vomitting anymore after doing it frequently for the past 3 months,but then again that's what I always tell myself but I somehow keep doing it.I'd really appreciate it if you guys would give me some sort of advice to help me fight this problem of mine.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ava_adore
|

replied October 3rd, 2004
?
I know where your coming from it's doing to be hard to do this alone you my need to go to and clinic if you don't feel you can stop by yourself.
|

replied October 10th, 2004
Hey hun
wow your mom really said that.... Dont you listen 2 her.. Even though she has a point.. U dont need a negative person in your life... You have to talk 2 a friend... Talk 2 a doctor a teacher or someone at skool... Someone who will helpp you... Really hun you need help...If you really want to stop... Show your mom that you did this all on your own... Show her that your strong and dont need her support ... Show her that your stronger than she thinks you are... Use that as a stepping block to getting better... Smile I no you can do it... You jsut need to talk 2 someone.... Me.. I talked 2 my best friends... Try the same... See if it helps... But get professional help... Really hun... Get it
keep in touch pleasee
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Re: I'm New Here,i'm Bulimic,and I Need Help
ava_adore wrote:
i'm glad I found a forum relating to eating disorders.Anyway i'm 17 and i'm 140 lbs 5'5.I first discovered self induced vomiting when I was 13 and I would do it whenever I ate something I didn't like,it wasn't much of a problem back then but this summer it really got to me.Usually whenever i'm watching tv I see something that makes me want to eat and I head onto the kitchen and cosume anything knowing that i'm gonna be vomitting later on.Awhile ago I thought I would puke my lungs out because I got 3 slices of bread with cream cheese,2 muffins,and some crackers.It's more of a mental problem because i'm not really hungry.Afterwards,i get major headaches,my intestines hurt,and so do my teeth.It's really gotten serious now and my mom knows what I do and she just says"keep doing that and you'll see what's gonna happen to you",that just makes me want to destroy myself even more.After tonight's experience I don't see myself vomitting anymore after doing it frequently for the past 3 months,but then again that's what I always tell myself but I somehow keep doing it.I'd really appreciate it if you guys would give me some sort of advice to help me fight this problem of mine.

i totally understand how you felt...And isn't it frustrating to hear what your mom said? I mean that's why I dont' want to tell her, cuz i'm afraid that she'd say sth like that to me.....Hang in there, girl.....For me, i've been trying to gather more information online..Find out more about bulimia...Read more other people's stories...Sometimes those stories really make you think and help you in some ways.....
|

replied January 27th, 2005
Same..
Yes.... I pretty much have the same problem.. I eat when im board then I purge... And even after the smallest things... I purge jus cuz I "feel fat" even tho im 120lbs... I really do need help... Or at least someone to talk to... Please..
Im
begging
*lizzie* :(
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Hey, im also new to this site. I have the same problem and I know where u are coming from except my situation is a little different. Im 16, vietnames, and im a guy. I weigh 140-142. And I started vomitting back in oct 2004. It all started summer 2004 when I tried to lose fat. Im an athlete and I was never overwiehgt. I am pretty strong for someone my age and wieght. (im 5'8" 140 and bench 225-230) but I was trying to get "cut" so I could see my 6 pack. I achieved my goal around late july and since then I started to eat less and less and watch what I ate more closely. I got wrong information about maintaing weight, calories, protein, and all that stuff. I began to starve myself untill I vomitted for the first time. Then I would starve myseklf and vomit around 1 time a week after a binge. Now I vomit about 4-5 timees a week and each episode usually follows a 2000 calorie binge with an hour in the restroom. I tell myself it is the last time each time and I promise I will eat normal again, but then I try to starve myself again and it results in another binge the next day or even the same day.
|

replied May 5th, 2005
I'm With Ya !!!
My parents are supportive and it bugs the hell out of me. I wish they nver found out.The shame I feel when I think of all the pain I have caused them is unbearable.I hate myself for it.Get yourself better.Prove to your mam that you can do it.You're a wonderful person-never doubt that. 8)
|

replied March 2nd, 2008
MY MOM SAID THAT SAME THING... its just fusterating because she knows and she thinks its on you to change and as much as i dont want her help i just cant understand why shes not helping me. i know you posted this along time ago but i just read it and seriously when you read it i had to look at the user name because i questioned if it was actually me(even though it couldnt have been becuase i have never posted here before now)

did you get help? i dont know what to do..... if you ever see this can you tell me how things went?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
I feel you.
Moms, they all just suck. My mom found out by reading my journal a month ago, and I told her I wanted to see a therapist and she keeps telling me that shes to busy to find me one. I sent her links to eating disorder places and she still is to busy! To bust for your daughters health!?
I hope you get better, and know that even when your mom is not there to help you, we all are.
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2009
Experienced User
Moms...
Ha a woman turned to me and said wow you could be Miss.Ireland before i could say anything my mum turned around and said OOOoo you should See her sister..bla..bla..bla..That of course just made me want to instantly lose 20pounds! Arggg
If i ever come home wit a tiny bit of extra weight she would point it out and tell me to watch my figure.........ya mums suck at times.
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
I so glad i found this site.
Iv just turned 21 and been struggling with bulimia since i was 14. But it has got really really bad this last year of uni (which I have finished now, thank god). I am even staying to live in Chester where I went to uni as I dont think I could go home n hide it from my parents. I ended up gettin so depressed I overdosed, but came to my senses before it was too late n went to A&E. I think my depression comes from my weight problems, cos I AM FAT. Im 129 pounds and only 5'1. I knew I had to ge thelp so talked to one of my older friends who has really helped me but I feel really let down by the services available. Took me three times of going to the doctor and having to almost kill myself before they would refer me to a counsellor, that took 3 weeks before I was contacted for an appointment, then 3 more weeks before the appointment, then they wouldn't give me counselling for my depression until I got help for my eating disorder, so I was referred somewhere else, then it took them four weeks for them to send me a letter saying I had to contact them to make an appointment! But i was on holiday when the letter came and when I got back I had missed the date which i had to ring them by. I phoned them today and explained I was on holiday but they said it was too late and I had to go back to the doctor and start the process again. It has already been months and I don't know how much longer I can live like this for.
HELP
X
|

replied August 16th, 2009
im so glad i found this site as well as everyone else, im only 15 years old and i REALLY need help! wen i was younger everyone always used to say how small i was but i never thought anything of it but now that iv gotten older iv gained some weight and im scared that one day their gonnu turn around and start saying how much iv gained over the years......it makes it more difficult because iv got an older sister who also is really small but whenever im around her i just wanna throw up coz she makes me feel so big!!! i dont wannu tell anyone because im scared of how theyll react....please help!
|

replied August 17th, 2009
ahhh, I have the same problem too, I used to be pretty small, then gained a lot of weight. My mum told me I looked 'stocky' and needed to start dressing for my size, even though I was only just a size 10. I went on a crazy diet and lost 1 and a half stone, but now I have lost the weight I have started binging on food i didnt allow myself before.. sometimes puking it up, sometimes not. Im pretty impulsive person and sometimes i just decide i need to eat regardless of the calories..

Soooo.. i understand, the best thing to do would be to talk to someone who you dont think will be shocked, a close friend might not be good.. because they might start bugging you/constantly checking up on you because they are worried. Try and eat healthily, stick to a healty diet, if you treat yourself every now and then and dont binge on it you wont feel the need to throw up.. hope this helps..x
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
okay i'm 16 and i started bulemia when i was 14. I don't know what to do. for instance today i ate three omlets with two peces of cheese and after i threw it all up! I need help, i told a counseler at my school but i'm scared for myself in a way. I realized now that when ever i eat something i feel better because i know that i will throw it up later, but i know its discusting and harrible. But I can't stop. I wish I could look at food and think" how fat am i?". Its just i always anazlize my body and i'm 5'5 and i'm 125.5. I know its harrible but i can't stop i can't stop thinking about how fat i am and how i need to loos weight help!!!!!!!
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
okay i'm 15, pretty young. I started being belimic when i was 13. I always look at food now and think if i eat this i will throw this up after school. Or i restrain myself. And i need help. I always tell my self this is the last time i will do this but i can't stop throwing up. For instance i made myself a three egg omlet and cheese. And after i threw it all up. I know its discusting and harrible and i wish i could stop. I'm 5'5 and weigh 125.5. I want to get down to 116.5 but i wish i could be happy with what i am right now. I just wish this could go away but at the same time i don't and at the same time i know i need help. so please anwser. And I just wish i could be normal. I wish that i don't suffer from belimia. my parents a clueless about this whole thing they have no idea. I do feild hockey at school but knowbody knows except for my bestfriend. It is my addiction now i need HELPPPPP
|

replied January 11th, 2010
Hurting too...
Hi, I have the same problem. I try not to stay home much anymore because that's where I will..be "bulimic". I'm 14 and I haven't told anyone.It all started when I felt when my mom started to constantly bug me about my weight, even my friends thought that she did too. If I ate any junk food or anything my mom would roll her eyes or glare at me and it mad me feel so bad and fat. I started running cross country the next year and I lost some weight, my mom was so proud when people would come up and say how good I look now. But I hurt my ankles and couldn't even run for a while, so to make up for lost time, I became bulimic. Its almost like a shortcut,at least thats what I thought. Now I'm its prisoner and I can't tell anyone because I know that everone will just push me aside and talk about me behind my back...It hurts...bad...the worst part is that my mom never takes anything I do seriously so even if I told her, she wouldn't do anything about it. I'll pray for you girl:)
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Your not alone in this situation
i don't atually puke myself, but i do believe i have a similar problem to many of you, food conrols my life, in actuality i know im really not fat, but i do have weigth to loose, and ill eat big amounts sometimes, cuzz i feel good when i eat soemthing i enjoy, it sends chemicals to the brain, but then i think omg im the biggest fat fatty, and i think what makes me feel worse is seeing girls size 0 and wishing i could be like that. So i understand your pain, but honestly instead of puking i suggest you get into different activities such as the gym, i know that whenever i workout at the gym i feel better about myself because i push myself and i feel like i accomplished soemthing, but agian don't get your mind rapped around that either because you can potentially become obsessed, just keep yourself preoccupied, go out with friends to the bars, watch positive movies, keep honest and caring freinds around you, people you know that care, beause they will make you feel soo much better about yourself, I know having my best friend around is always the best therapy for me!! Good luck girlies, and please try to seek some help if possible, but also remeber that you must help yourself first, as corny as it sounds; first step is admitting you have a problem!
|

replied June 9th, 2010
IM new, I am a Profession woman's soccer player in a foreign country(AKA not home) I am 27 years old and this is mentally draining me... I train my ass off every day and then I come home and eat my house out and then throw up.... i get so mad at the cycle because I work so hard every day not to do this. I have been to Womans world cup b4 and I am planning on making it to the next on with our qualification in Sept.. How can I stop this! I know its not good for me... and it does not help that I am by my self a lot!! I am 5'11 and 160lbs. My national team wants me at 150-155lbs and I dont know how to shed the weight. I train so much and follow my program and there is no progress... and then I just eat bc I deprive my self from"bad foods" so those are what I binge!! any ideas that could help me? Can anyone be my accountability partner? I am good at keeping my word to others!
|

replied June 20th, 2010
please help
hey i'm new. i'm 19 and i've struggled with my weight and body image issues for as long as i can remember. i recently lost 20lbs and everyone always compliments how good i look but i just dont' see it and losing that 20lbs didn't make me feel any better about myself. i don't see what other people say i guess. in the past 2 months i've thrown up everyday at least 3x a day. sometimes as much as 8x a day. most of the time i just starve myself and then i slip and have a piece of bread or 1 cookie or something and i'll throw it up right away so it was like i never even ate it. and then sometimes i'll binge and then sit in the bathroom for an hour and throw up until i can't throw up anymore. i can lose up to 8lbs in less than a week. i know it's only been 2 months that i've been suffering from bulimia but i'm really scared. as much as my family and friends love me and as much as i love them i just can't tell them. i just can't. i'm too embarassed and scared. and i'm really scared that i'll never be able to stop. please help.
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
I am bulimic
ok girls ... i have the same problem as you all. If you seriously want to get better with me and join me on my journey of self descovery, we can re gain weight, become curvey and toned Smile share thoughts and help one another....take online help meditation and excercise classes!! even cry to each other about how bad the feeling of the addiction is... it seems to me like our mums not displaying affection has a big role to our eating difficulties.. somewhat like tryin to fill a void maybe! so write me, thanks girls xxx
|