What does it feel like to have a cavaty? I have never had one..I am not sure if I have one or if I just have sensitive teeth...Help me out girls plz!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I've never had one either...
|

Especially eHealthy
I had one when I was little but I don't remember!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I dont think you can "feel" a cavity unless its really bad! I could be wrong! I've had one before but I was never able to feel it!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think she's right. Mike's had several, and he never complains about them, they just find them when he goes in to the dentist. If you can feel it, that means its gotten all the way down to the nerve, which probably means a root canal for you!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Im not sure because some days it never hurts..And its more than just one tooth. Like cold really hurts them...I dont know what it is really.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I never had one :d
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like sensitive teeth to me. Mine are bothered really bad by hot and cold and sweets. I use toothpaste for sensitive teeth and it helps a little. Its not anywhere near as bad as it was. I also have a tooth that I guess half of it broke off... Well I had no idea about it, and it never bothered me, and still doesnt bother me (they discovered it right after I found out I was pregnant, and it didnt bother me so I decided to wait to get it fixed). Ive had lots of cavities. Im prone to them, due to my mom taking a certain antibiotic when she was pregnant with me, or one that I took when I was little, that caused my molars to have deeper indentations than they should, so its vitually impossible to clean all the way down in there perfectly. But anyways, ive never felt a single one of my cavities.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You can usually see cavities they look like small brown or black spots
|

replied September 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You can feel cavities...I've had 5! (i have no enamel on my teeth..Born without it so I get them easily) and boy oh boy do they hurt!

It starts out with your teeth being oddly sensetive to cold and hot things. Then it starts to hurt then it really starts to hurt. And if you dont get it fixed soon it can get underneath your tooth and into your gums and stuff and you have to get a root canal. Which hurts like crap...

But if its more then one tooth then its prolly just sensetive teeth...But if your worried you shouldnt wait. Go to the dentist...Because you dont want a root canal.

But then again, it may vary from person to person.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes I have 3, im not srue how many now bc some may have fallen out as baby teeth. But they deff do hurt!

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you have pain from tooth decay,it is very advanced and as another posted,usually means a root canal.You cannot always see decay,again,if you see it,it's pretty bad.You might have some gum recession or sensitive teeth as was stated before.Your best bet is to have a dentist take a look at you and be sure.Good luck to you.Patty
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....