Well about a couple of months ago I noticed a bump in the inner top of my index finger. Does that makes any sense? Well it has been getting bigger. It feels hard and it's like a small beebe in my finger. I can move it up and down it's weird. Well it bothers me sometimes. I am just curious to know what it is and how it came about. I need to go see my doctor about it. Thanks for your time.
Ga
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2003
The only thing I could think of would be either a callus or a bone spur...But neither of those would "move up and down". So I guess I can't help you, sorry. But if the bump is bothering you then you should definitely go to the doctor. Maybe he could remove it for you?
|

replied October 15th, 2003
Thanks
I appreciate the response..
Ga
|

replied October 16th, 2003
What about a cartilidge or calcium build up?

My friend had something similar on her leg.. But hers was huge, it got to the size of a softball and it moved around too. Eventually, she had it removed. I can't remember if hers was cartlidge or a calcium build up.. I'm thinking hers was cartlidge.. But yours sounds more like a calcium build up.
|

replied October 16th, 2003
Hi
Hi my friend had one of those before but it was on her knuckle,and she went to the doctor and the doctor said it was a wart and she had it burned off.Thats all I really know, she could move it around though yea it is pretty weird but normal.Lol. Go to your doctor.Good luck!!
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Tendon Damage
Hi
i fear i may have tendon damage on my index finger!! I was in nert playuin football and when i saved the ball i felt my finger had swollen alot around the knukle area! i went to the hos and they told me 2 do exercises but 6months on its still visibly swollen around the knukkle!! any1 no the problem and how to cure it? thanks mike
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be osteophyte or cystic lesion. I would suggest you to have xray of hand to evaluate it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: sense
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.