My friend whom is only 11 weeks pregnant found out today that she has some type of sarcoma cancer in her leg. The doctor that called her with the results of her mri made the comment of 'minimizing the amputation for the sake of the child'. How dangerous is this condition to her health and to her unborn child?
Will she have to choose between her leg and her baby?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Experienced User
First of all I just want to say sorry about your friend that is sad to hear. May god bless her.

The doctor should know this question she should ask whether it is risky for the baby i'm sure she does not want to lose her baby after all its a gift.

If it does affect the baby could she wait until after she has her baby. I know this must be a hard time for your friend but I hope she does not lose faith.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....