How would you know if you miscarried or not? I started having symptoms of pregnancy about 2 1/2 months ago. I didn't have a period or anything but last night I started bleeding and I had slight cramps nothing out of the normal menstral cramps. Is it possible to have had a miscarriage at two and a half months? What are other signs of miscarriage that I should look for? I really appreciate any help?

Thanks

confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Have you seen a doctor yet? I really think the best idea is to get a blood test to find out if there is any, and what level your hcg is at. If you suspect you're two and a half months pregnant have you taken a home pregnancy test? What was the result?

Unfortunately a miscarriage can happen at any time during a pregnancy, it is most likely to happen in the first 12 weeks, but can happen after that, so the answer to your question is yes, it is possible to miscarry at 2 1/2 months.

If you are bleeding and are pregnant you need to consult with a doctor, and if you're 2 1/2 months pregnant you should be under doctor or midwife care, in my opinion.
|

replied September 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Well, I was never 100 % sure that I was pregnant. I was just having symptoms and I didn't have my period. I did not take a home pregnancy test or anything. I have two kids now and with both of them I always knew and around this time I started to feel flutters in my uterus. I could just tell with them. I dont feel it this time but the symptoms were telling me otherwise. Is it possible to miss a few periods after having a baby? My youngest is 5 months.

Still confused
|

Experienced User
You have to be more careful Sad if you are pregnant are you ready to take on two infants. How old are you!
|

Experienced User
I am 24 (like it really matters anyway), I am perfectly aware and capable of taking care of my children. Thank you!!!! Mad and my kids are not two infants. One is three and the other is an infant. I have never had to take care of two infants at one time but i'm sure if I did I would do a wonderful job because I am a wonderful mother.
|

replied September 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
I am not trying to sound mean yes maybe you are capable of taking care of two infants I just thought if you are pregnant that would be a little much on one person being you have children already. Sorry if I offended you
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Err if your youngest is 5 months and you are pregnant then yes you would have 2 infants to look after.
Mrs webster was trying to be helpful.
If you happen to be so perfect, why are you seeking advice.
You say you are 24 but that it doesn't matter, maybe not but with age comes experience.
There are many young girls on here taking great care of their kids, and I guess there are many older ones out there who don't, but that is no reason to be rude.
|

Experienced User
Thank's kia Laughing
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Experienced User
To both of you ms. Webster and kia, I wasn't being rude but now I guess I am because neither of you know my situation beyond what I posted. I am worried about having two infants because I am happily married and have a wonderful career as a r.N. I would not be doing anything by myself and if I were it still would be my problem and not either of yours. Anyway, my post was about my possibly having a miscarriage and not about having two infant at the same time. I'm sure I am not the first and will not be the last. Let that be our problem to worry about and not yours. Now if you cant tell me anything concerning the question I posted just read and move along, or be honest and say you dont know. I've never had a problem like this with anyone on this site before. I try to give helpful advice and would appreciate some back when I do post a topic which is not often. If I offended you ms. Webster then I apologize but I felt very offended first.
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2004
Community Volunteer
If you don't want people to put their opinions to your post then simple don't post.
You said you wouldn't ahve two infants to look after but in fact if you happened to be pregnant you would.
Mrs webster was trying to gather more info to help further what could be said to you, you took offence simply because mrs webster asked how old you were.
Mrs webster, I don't think there is anything can be said here, if you read and don't reply that is wrong because "you could have a t least said something" and if you do say something "you didn't answer my question" wrong if you do and wrong if you don't - advice isn't welcome here, let's save for those who appreciate.
|

replied September 25th, 2004
Experienced User
To anyone out there with anything positive to say, I appreciate your help. Thanks!!!!!
|