Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Am I Pregnant? Please Help!

I had a period a week ago that lasted about two days. I didn't have the dark discharge afterwards either. This is definately abnormal for me. Also, for the past couple of weeks I have been getting sick and throwing up. It's definately getting worse as time goes on. I did take a home pregnancy test and it said negative. A similar situation happened when my mom was pregnant with me. Her tests were negative for six months because her hormone levels weren't high enough to make the test positive. When I talked to an er nurse, she said that it's highly possible I could be experiencing the same problem. I'm just not sure what's going on because I didn't have unprotected sex.

Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
But did you have sex and you were on birth control? Or did you use a condom? Condoms dont always work. You might have been spotting so you should see if you by either taking another test, or getting a blood test to find out for sure.
|

Experienced User
No I am not on birth control, I did only use condoms. I want to get a blood test, but it's a lot of money to find out the home test was right. How high, in your opinion, are the chances of my being pregnant? What else do you think it could be?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well lets see....You had a light period, you are throwing up, and you used a condom. There is a chance it could have ripped or you took the test at a wrong time. Try taking a test early in the morning- the hormone is best at that time. If you dont want to pay for a test then go to planned parenthood they are either real cheap or free. Check into that. Condoms arent always as useful as they should be. So it could have had the tiniest hole and semen could have gotten through. Or if you want to look at a positive side...It could have been an actual period and the throwing up might be a flu bug. I know one time I had a three day light period, not a normal one and then I went to dinner 5 days later and the second I was halfway through my meal I felt sick...I must have threw up 6 times that night and again in the morning. I was freaking out if I was pregnant or not. But I wasnt. My period came again and I was fine. So if you want to wait to see if your next period is due, you can do that. But I think condoms are like 90% effective. Im not sure, something like that. So you can do the three: take another test in the am, talk to planned parenthood, or wait for another period. Keep in mind women spot up to 6 months of pregnancy. Good luck!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
14% of women who use condoms as a form of birth control get unwanted pregnancies every year.
|

Experienced User
Well, I kind of thought the same thing, but I have no fever or any other flu symptoms. Also, this nausea and other symptoms havegotten worse over the past week. I'm starting to think I am pregnant, but I just wonder what else this could be.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You should get a blood test to know for sure, call planned parenthood or a free clinic in your area from the phone book
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Honey the only way you will know for sure is if you go to a doctor!
|

Experienced User
I am definately going to go to the Dr. To find out for sure, but that won't be until next week. More than anything, i'm worried that this could be something more serious. Do you have any idea what else this could be besides pregnancy?
|

Extremely eHealthy
No you should be fine, but just wait until you see the doc.
|

Experienced User
Ok, so you think this is just pregnancy and nothing more serious? I know i've been redundant, but it's just kind of scary to not know what's going on.
|

replied October 18th, 2009
your body can play tricks on you. because you never said the condom broke so you may not be pregnant. and if you had an "acutal period" then your body dumped out the unfertilized egg. and if you are irregular then that is also possible. you could throw up for numerous reasons.
good luck
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...