Ok first off I had this in teen pregnancy and I got a lot of congrats but I need some advice - thanks all for the congrats though! - o and to add to this we went to the doctors and we're having twins - and scotts parents gave us the papers to their house ( they have 2) on the lake so we're well off for now I think any advice is great though
hi all - well umm.. Im new here and i've only read a few messages on here so far so im just gonna tell ya my story and hopefully someone will write back with some advice. First off im 19 and my fiance is 21 we're now 2 months pregnant. It wasn't planned but well we've been blessed with the baby and we're going to keep it. Scott (my fiance) has a full time job and we'll be well off and able to provide for the baby, im just wondering what to expect during pregnancy, and I figured someone on here would know. We've been considering having a child since I was 17 because his parents so desperatley wanted grandchildren, they even offered to keep the baby if I had one so that I could continue school. But we decided to wait awhile. Anywho any advice on how to deal with "morning sickness"... Or all day sickness I think it should be called!! And when i'll start to show simple things like that I know next to nothing. Thanks ~melissa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Congratulations
Dear melissa,

i must start off by saying congratulations. You sound as though you have some very generous in laws, which is wonderful for you because getting a house given to you has basically set you up for the rest of your life, you have a head start that most people have to work for the rest of their lives to accomplish. So raising your new babies will be a little easier on the old finances. As for the "all day sickness" which is exactly what I call it to, I don't know if there is anything you can do apart from try to sail through and get on with your day, well that's what I did, i'm feeling good at the moment, but when I had morning sickness I just couldn't get my appetite at all and felt like lying in bed all day, but I got on with the house work and other stuff, and that kind of took the focus away from the fact that I was feeling sick. I'm taking that this is your first pregnancy so normally you wouldn't start to show until 3 - 4 months, with your second pregnancy you will start to show a little earlier as the abdomen has already stretched. But.......You are probably going to show a little earlier than most women aswell, as you mentioned you are having twins, two babies are certainly going to poke out a bit more than one. Smile

good luck,

.::suzy::.
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks suzy! Its nice when someone writes back...Instead of 21 people reading... And 1 person writing back lol. Anywho thanks!
|

replied October 4th, 2003
Experienced User
Some of the strangest symptoms I experienced were the veins in my nipples being more pronounced. Also, when I went to the bathroom, my urine smelled a little funny. I got very tired all the time. I started seeing my belly poke out around 10 weeks. I started showing about 17 weeks. Both of those will probably go alot faster for you though.

One of the books I loved was pregnancy week by week. Go to the post submitted by the admin and it will take you to the website. You will love it and learn a lot from it.

Good luck and let us know how things go!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....