Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Ug.. I Think I Have Pink Eye:(

Ok.. Yesterday or the day before bf noticed my eye was ped which isn't rare for me because I have contacts and when they bother me, my eye is really red but I was confused because it didn't hurt at all.. Anyway I went to work the next day as a dishwasher and mind you I worked a week straight and the whole time I worked, I was doing hots usilg comet and hots are usually hot plates and panq that have alot of soot on the back so I spray comet and I scrub them and I put my back into it sometimes which naturally makes me go lower and maybe too close to the fumes from the comet (spray bleach) and when I go home I usually cough alot from it.. Like I said I wear contacts so something may have gotten under there and I don't take my contacts out but to clean them for one sec then plop them in..(stupid.. I know) anyway.. I thought nothing of it until last night when I woke up to use the bathroom and saw gunk in that eye.. At first I thought.. "eah mackenzie is not alone"heather's baby with a clogged tear duct) but then it watered a little bit so I figured it was my first infection of pink eye that I know of in my life.. So yeah, does anyone know how to treat this with like .. Home remedys or how long it lasts and if I even have pink eye?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Oh no!

Some info:

what is conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis, better known as pink eye, is an infection of the inside of your eyelid. It is usually caused by allergies, bacteria, viruses, or chemicals.

What are the signs and symptoms?
Red, irritated eye.
Some burning and/or scratchy feeling.
There may be a purulent (pus) or a mucous type discharge.
How is it treated?
It depends on what caused the pink eye. It may or may not need medication for treatment. If medication is given, follow the directions on the label. Viral pink eye cannot be treated but bacterial pink eye is commonly treated with antibiotic eye drops.

What else do I need to know?
To prevent the spread of the infection:

wash hands throughly
before you use the medicine in your eyes.
After using the medicine in your eyes.
Everytime you touch your eyes or face.
Wash any clothing touched by infected eyes.
Clothes
towels
pillowcases
do not share make-up. If the infection is caused by bacteria or a virus you must throw away your used make-up and buy new make-up.
Do not touch the infected eye because the infection will spread to the good eye. Important!!!
Pink eye spreads very easily!
|

replied September 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks erin.. I must be very careful not to give it to bf.. It may give him a bad migraine or something... I just worry because we rub our faces together sometimes (just being silly) and I worry he may have contracted it.. He said yesterday that his left eye hurt so he better check to see if it's red, if not still buy some of that pink eye stuff and use it just to make sure. I guess we both should buy our own bottles. As soon as I remembered what he said yesterday, I called him and he said his eye was fine and didn't hurt but he has no access to a mirror and mine didn't hurt at first when it first turned pink.. Let's cross our fingers! Confused
Crying or Very sad
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....