For a few days I have had an irritation in my left eye - like something was in the eye.

Today I had a really good look and noticed that a single eyelash from my bottom eyelid is bent back and resting on the eye which is obviously causing the irritation.

It is not painful and is not causing me vision problems, but is annoying and at times uncomfortable.

I have tried rinsing the eye and this only works temporarily.

Is it safe to pluck the eyelash (don't want to risk infection that close to the eye for one) or is there anything else I can do to rectify this?

Failing that, would you guys recommend I see a doctor, and what will they do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Ya, I would just pluck it! You'll probly feel a little pinch.. But if it gets rid of the problem, why not? I wouldn't worry about going to the doctor.. He would probly just end up doing the same thing.
|

replied December 3rd, 2004
Same Problem
I have the same problem but the problem is that it grows back. In fact the worst part is when its very short. I can't see it to pluck it out and its more of an irritation when its that short.

Suggestions for permanent removal? I'd like to keep the rest of my eyelashes Laughing
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....