Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Looking For Support For My Wife

Hi one and all.

My wife of 20 years was diagnosed with sle about 10 years ago. It has progressed over time. This year she was hit with kidney damage (diffuse membranous glomerulonephritis). A recent test now shows antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.

While I have tried to do everything I can for her there are some things I cannot do - namely relate with what she is going through.

I am looking for a forum or discussion group for her to join and perhaps talk to other people going through similar problems.

Please let me know what you think of this board and how helpful it has been for you.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Btw - my wife has never used a bboard so any comments on ease of operation would also be appretiated.

Thanks again
lupus-husband
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Welcome Sir
Welcome to the lupus board. I am not speaking for everyone, but it seems to me that we accept all kinds of thoughts and comments (except the solicited kind from bogus "cure-alls") from users. Nothing is a bad subject.

You may want to see if your local area has a lupus support group that you can both attend, if she is able to move about. Most support groups accept patients and loved ones as well as friends, doctors, etc.

We all have open ears. Many of us have husbands who are living second-hand to what we are experiencing, mine included. It takes time for some to realize and understand the depth of the situation but once it does sink in it's like an epiphany.

You should check out www.Lupus.Org and see if there is a lupus support group/chapter near you.

Clarebear
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome!

I think clarebear said it very well! There are a lot of us here: we come from different places, are different ages, but we all share that common understanding of having lupus.

We also encourage *you* to stick around!

Again, welcome. If you or your wife has any user questions or any type of question really, pm (private message) me, my username is ladybrannon and i'll be glad to help!

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....