Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

What Should I Do????plz Can Someone Help Me.

Hi,
i have a major problem, at least it seems major to me.
My best friend introduced me to one of her guy friends about 3 years ago, from the first moment I seen him I fell instantly in love with him. We started dating a few weeks after we met. We went out for almost a year and three months, then we broke up and did not see or speak to one another for almost a year. Then one day out of the blue we started talking to each other, then a week later we were back together again.Then it started going down hill once again, and we broke up. Then we dated 3 or 4 times more, off and on for only a few days. Then in may we started dating again, it was going so good, we were always talking and seen each other as much as possible. On august 10th we broke up. We both thought it was semi for the best. We are 3 years apart in age, and he said that he wanted some one his age.( I am the older one out of us). We were not talking to each other again, about a week ago we started talking again.

Now the thing that baffles me, we live in different towns, about 7-9 miles away. He rode a bicycle to my town, then called me on his cell phone to see if I would meet him some where. (but he had 2 friends with him, also.) I asked him why he rode all the way here and he said "i don't know."

is that a good thing or what? And please if things get going good again, should I try to date him again or do you think that it's just a waste of time, and will just create another broken heart? I am very love sick with this guy and need the most and or any advise anyone can give me.

Thank you so much for your time. And for those that reply, thank you for your advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, as dr phil would say past behavior predicts future behavior and you two are obviosly not compatible. So my answer would be no! It's a waste of time.
|

replied September 10th, 2004
Re: What Should I Do????plz Can Someone Help Me.
I would have to agree with pitterpatter. The constant break-ups should show you that you two may not be compatible. It may be in your best interest to move on. You'll even thank yourself for moving on when you're with someone and it actually lasts... Without all that on-and-off stuff...

Now... If you don't mind, I have a question for you... Please don't take this the wrong way. I noticed something in your post and I had to ask about it:

good_88 wrote:
my best friend introduced me to one of her guy friends about 3 years ago, from the first moment I seen him I fell instantly in love with him.

i'm just curious... If you heard a man talk about a woman like this, would the proverbial red "stalker" flag go off in your head, or would you think it was sweet and romantic that he felt that way?
|

replied September 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Pitterpatter hit the nail on the head(by the way dr phil is a god everyone should watch him)this guy needs to be in to you and make you feel like a queen all of the time. Learn to love yourself and realize that his attention some of the time is not ok it needs to be all of the time Smile good luck
|