Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Help I Have An Itchy Bum. (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Please can someone help me im too embarassed to go to the doctors but in last day or so I have had a really itchy bum any ideas on what might be causing this? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper itchyitch
|

replied November 30th, 2004
I Do Too
Confused Do not fear, it is most likely piles, go to your doctor
|

replied August 21st, 2012
itchy bum
I used to have this problem: try drinking more water - it cured me completely
|

replied December 10th, 2004
It could be parasites goto the doctor and get a stool sample taken, then they can give you meds that will dehydrate the buggers. Or you could start eating raw rice [ground flax is better] just chew up about 1/4 of a cup daily and take cider vinegar tablets and try not eating any food esp. Not sugar they love sugar, for about three days. If you have worms the bulk from the rice might pussh them out and the sharp edges will scrape out the bad old poo inside your intestines which is where they like to live. There are also herbs for that which are rather expensive the herbs put them to sleep so they come out with your poo. For hemroids its good to get them cut out, doctors do this daily it's not a big deal. All it is is a little vessle which has been stretched and the stretched section of the vessel colects blood which cougulates and turns into a little pile of dry hard blood hense the name piles.
|

replied January 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey
I think I have piles too but I dont wanna talk to my parents or go to the doc... What should I do?
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Its probably a simple fungal infection.Try simple things first...Bathe the area regularly in warm salty water, ( a good handful in a warm shallow bath) then dry and dust lightly with antifungal talc . Don`t scratch or use ointments, creams or strong soap/cleansers. Trust me- the salt water really helps soothe & disinfect the area.
Haemmorrhoids are usually treated by using shrinking ointment or injections..Rarely "cut out" unless very large and bleeding.
Worms do cause itching but aren`t the first diagnosis that springs to mind, a simple dose of anthelmintic from the pharmacy will shift them.
Hope this helps.
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
try washing your bum after each bowel movement with just warm water, hotter than warm. no soap, it will cause yeast problems. worms felt like tiny tickles. so if it is just itchy wash with water. no tissue.
|

replied April 30th, 2009
ok here goes, my bum itches so bad it is driving me crazy i have taken the reccomended dosages to treat threadworm and it still itches. i even have to stop in the middle of the street and have a good scratch and dont care who is looking i just have the overwhelming urge to itch it with my finger and while i am itching it i almost get some sort of wierd relief as the itchiness starts to pass. i have had this for a good six months now and dont feel going to see the doctor is an option as im terified he will stick something in my bum, thats not for me. so anyone with any idea how to treat this would be good.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Doctors appointment
Honestly, going to the doctor is the best thing. I was worried the doctor would think my concerns are laughable, but I have made an appointment & I figure there is something and someone out there that can help.
Its difficult because I believe I have a small pile, that just recently because of notice to me, but it may explain my itchy ( and sorry to say smelly) bum, as if I haven't washed myself properly, but I do wash & do it quite often because my of fears of smell and itchiness.

Some creams can help, but if your bodsy builds-up a resistance then it'll keep coming back if it is a chemical imbalance or reaction to a virus etc.

Again, the doctor can seem like the unpleasent options and you may feel self conscious, but what's worse- having a painful itchy bum or getting it solved?

Best of luck everyone & I'll let you know how my appointment goes today, it's in just over an hour.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
How the doctors went
Alright, so I found out yesterday I did have a small pile and got a cream to apply three times a day. If the pile is soft, small and there is only one or so it's not serious the doctor told me (which was my case). She told me that any blood or difficulty going to the bathroom needed to be check-out right away from a doctor.

Hope everyone decides if going to the doctors is for them. The doctors won't put anything in your bum, because a pile is all about what's external.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
come on conley, what was the verdict. mine is still playing up i think the only difference is that i do not have a small pile,it is just itchy to the point i itch it too much and it becomes painfull. hope your appointment went ok and the doc did'nt need to insert anything.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
As far as just an itchy bum I suffered from for about a few weeks, I used preparation H because it also gives moisture to the dry painful skin.

I was scared I wasn't cleaning myself properly and that's why my bum was itchy, or I was stressed etc. The painful dry skin was just due to me constantly want to get rid of the itch.
It feels a bit odd have cream in that body part, but if you do it for about 3 or 4 days it definitely improves- but if not a doctor is best.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
preparation H it is then i shall give it a try and see how it goes
thx
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Supporter
hello assitch,&conley86, ive found your post and comments interesting.
For a guy its murder the itch but for women its just as much a pain in the ass believe me.
Yes the common pile is a little blighter and wow did my pile hurt until it actually burst and i got relief as it used to be agony.
prep h is great and i still use it but want to thankyou so much for your input and replying after your doc appointment.
Ive answered many a post regards the itchy bum and i hope others read this post and realise there is nothing to worry about and it can be sorted.
I had to cut my long nails down as my doc said my butt looked as if freddie krugger had a field day on it lol.
Hope all goes well for you both.
Thankyou again and enjoy your day.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Supporter
LOL Ioka--love your sense of humor..I have itched too on bottom but with a mirror could see redness and realized it was skin on skin..Powders help with dryness for me..I could have done tick tack toe and won in all rows..lol..
|

replied June 17th, 2009
I am also suffering very bad and have done for nearly a year now with a itchy bottom, skin tags and the odd pile popping out that is very painful it brings me to tears sometimes. My bottom sometimes will slowly bleed and therefore be damp and make itching worse. I have itched and rubbed my bottom so many times it has worn some skin away from the crack, which also bleeds. I understand those that say they get a release from itching. It is a embarrassing thing to say but the release is mixed with absolute pain and yet euphoria. I have tried, Anusol and also a paste that goes hard when it touches the skin, both have not worked. Sad
|

replied March 19th, 2012
itchy anus
Try trimovate cream from the doctor, this was prescribed to me for itchy and fissures around my anus. It also helps with fungal (thrush) around the anus
|

replied October 19th, 2009
Try Presley's Assuage...works a treat..!!
|

replied December 6th, 2009
Itchy bum
I have the same thing and have done for years very very itchy I itch it thst bad sometimes I bleed ! I need help with it but never want to go docs. I don't have piles it drives me mad !!! What is it ??
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2010
Hay all ...
Iv the same embarrassing problem and its been like this over 6 month's its so itchy and i can't resist scratching sorry (tmi) it bleeds i don't think i have a piles because it's in side nearly that itches me the most i don't know what's wrong or why it's itchy if anyone might know a few answer's or remades post them please ...
Thank You
Anita xx
|

replied February 7th, 2010
ITALIANHUNI:
I've the same problem! I have an itchy tickle just inside my anus for three days. The itchy tickle only occurs from the evening until bedtime.

At first I thought I had threadworms. I've had them before - twice as an adult (I'm a keen gardener) and numerous times as a child so I knew the symptoms were the same; a gentle tickle as though there is movement that creates an itch. But on examining myself with a handheld mirror, I saw nothing. In fact my stools do not show signs of the little blighters.

My second thought was piles. Although I cannot see anything resembling a pile.

So I am confused as to what is causing my itchy tickle.

sugar-plum-fairy
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2010
Hay sugar-plum-fairy !
What you explained about feeling like a gentle tickle as though there is moving that's what i feel too and it's more in the later side of the day/night its worse i don't know the sign's of threadworms are i never though to check my stools what are the sign's ????
Do you think i sound like i could have them i never go near the garden im a city gal and i can't seen anything relating a pile's and the fact i scratch until i bleed there's has to be something going on that's not normal if it was happening just hear and there i would worry about it but its every day and for a good few months now im going to say it to my doctor on Monday i don't care how embarrassing it is i have to get to the bottom of this !

Thank You
Anita XxX
|
Tags: itchy
Quick Reply