Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

father daughter relationships

My father told my brother that he had a dream that he raped and killed my daughter which is his 8 year old granddaughter in between our houses and when he woke from the dream he had semen all over himself. My dad was crying saying that he does not want to do that over and over again and just kept saying that over and over again. My dad was drinking when he told my brother about his dream.
I need to know what this means becuase my father touched me sexually when I was about 15 years old and about 3 weeks ago I told my mother that I have a feeling that my father is going to have feelings for my daughter that a grandfather doesn't have for their grandchildren when she gets older and then today my brother told me this. I live about 50 feet away from my father and I need to know what anyone thinks this might mean. I can't even sleep at night, I won't even let my daughter go to his house anymore or even play outside because I can't look at my father without feeling disgusted!!
Thank you!!
Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Well I think that your father needs to get some help b4 it gets worst. Its actually is a sickness that people have. I don't know why or how but the only way he could stop is if he gets some help. If it gets worst he's going to end up in jail, which he should have for what he did to you. Sit him down and tell him how you feel about everything that went down and that your not young anymore and what ever happened in the past is done that you would try to help him if he wants to be helped but if not to keep his hands off your daughter and if he doesn't you will call the police on him.. Also try to teach your daughter not to let anyone touch her the wrong way,and if they do immediatly tell some one or scream. I really feel for you because this is a very difficult issue to bring up and talk about. My prayers go out to you & your loved one. Good luck XOXO
|

replied March 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I would take the chance and comfront him with this. Let him know that you are awaare and will take action if he ever touches her. And like the above poster said, let you daughter have trust in you to tell you if anything ever happens with gandpa. Sit her down and let her know this is a subject not to be ashamed to talk about and keep to ones self. That is the biggest problem with sex offenders. The victum usually suffers from PTS and don't want to take about it and actually dislocates herself from the action. Worse part is, it lives with you forever. I have been raped twice but, not by a family member. I will tell you that it will haunt me to my death.

Carrie
|
Quick Reply