Ok im just wondering something. Today mackenzie has been having watery poops. They look like peanut butter but really runny like water. I changed 3 diapers in 10mins thats how bad it got. But then it stopped and now it started up again. She only has had one now that shes awake again, but what could cause it? Is it her formula? I dont think it is because shes been on it for 2weeks now(shell be 2 weeks on monday). Im clueless on what can be causin it. Any ideas? Thanks
~heather ryan and mackenzie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Mayb e she is sick?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
What kind is she on? I had dominic on isomil and it made him have very runny poops and his stomach was upset. So the doctor put him on enfamil nutramigen lipil and I swear the same day he started was the same day his poops were back to normal. I would talk with her pediatrician. I go tommorrow to wic to get my coupons for his new formula. And this kind is the most expensive of all enfamil. I mean outrageous and im sooooo glad wic will cover it. She may need somethin else. ~ erica.
|

Experienced User
She may have an intolerance to milk (if she is not on soy) if she is not she may need to be on soy formula. If she already is then she may not tolerate either and may need either alimentum or nutramigen which my daughter is on.. I hope she is doing ok Exclamation
|

Extremely eHealthy
She is on similac isomil w/ soy. I was feeding her after I posted this and after feeding her she threw up all over the place. It went all over my back and on the couch and everything. It was not a pretty site. So ryan went to wal-mart and bought similac alimentum advance, for colic, easy to digust etc. So hopefully this stuff works. Its really expensive...Im prayin this stuff works. Im always the one that gets thrown up on..I have no shirts because I go threw so many cause she throws up to much lol. *headache* prayin this stuff works..

|

Experienced User
Hopefully it will nd yes it is expensive stuff like 20$/per can its rediculous but it works Exclamation good luck
|

Extremely eHealthy
She only drank a tiny bit of it and got sick again so we arent gonna feed her until she needs to be fed. She was a lil hungry but only took a tiny bit and threw up. So hopefully this stuff works. We are hopin she is just gettin the old stuff out.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My mom says "its not too late to start breastfeeding."... She is a nurse, and says that you can avoid alot of these problems in the future if you start now. Maybe mackenzie picked up a virus, or maybe a bacterial infection and if this goes on too long mackenzie is going to get dehydrated. Also breastfeeding provides antibodies that protect the baby from this sort of thing. If shes not better by tomorrow afternoon you should take her to the doctor. If she has more than 10 poops like that in a row then she is already dehydrated.
|

replied September 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I was told to put josh on pedialyte while he was sick, but then my regualr doc said not to because it is too salty for young babies. (especially as young as mackenzie) so she said buy some infant juice, like apple, and water it down, for every bottle of juice, add 1 bottle of water. (50/50) hopefully that will help if she gets dehydrated. I am so scared, I hear about how rough everyone has it with their babies, and mine is so easy. I just know he is gonna give me hell as a teenager! Lol. I hope not, maybe he will be a good boy his entire life. (crosses fingers) lol. Good luck and I hope you figure something out!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks ladies. Mackenzie seems to be doing better today. She only spit up once and it wasnt as bad as the other times. She has not had a poopie since last night around 11pm. So im thinking this formula is working. She squeals(sp?) outa no where sometimes but not as much but thats when we give her the mylicon drops. April its funny you say that about breastfeeding becuase yesturday I was holding mackenzie and she was by my boob and she was sniffin it and then opened her mouth and was sucking on my shirt! Lol I was like what are you doing?!? Lol it was cute but I didnt wanna do it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Congrats! I hope this one continues to work!

<3
gaby
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...