Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

the Rest of My Story (long)

Ok, so 4 days after I had rylee (the day after we were discharged from the hospital) I had a horrible headache all day and nothing was helping it. I even called the hospital to see if I could take anything else but they said I couldn't since I was breastfeeding. That night my mom and I went grocery shopping so when we got home I went to feed rylee but she was sound asleep and wouldn't latch on so I layed her back down and went to eat so she would kinda wake up a little. I remember opening the refrigerator and then the next thing I know i'm waking up on the dining room floor with 2 paramedics hovering over me. It turned out that I had a siezure so they took me to the hospital and as soon as we got there I had 2 more. After the second and third seizures I lost most of my memory. I didn't even know that I had a baby! They did some ct scans and discovered that I had bleeding on the surface of my brain (a subarchnoid hemmorage). They thought I had an anuerism so they transfered me to a bigger hospital to have brain surgery. As soon as I got there they put me in icu. The doctor went out and got my mom and told her she might want to get my dad and my husband ( he was stuck at home alone with the 4 day old baby) there because they didn't think I was gonna make it through the night. They stabalized me and sent me for an angiogram which showed that the bleeding had stopped so they had to keep a close eye on me but I didn't have to have the brain surgery. I woke up the next afternoon in icu with no recollection of what had happened. I spent 2 days in icu and then another 2 days in a regular room. I only saw my baby once when I first got out of icu but I was only allowed to hold her for a few minutes. It was the hardest, scariest thing I have ever been through. They still don't know why my brain suddenly stopped bleeding but it saved me from having brain surgery. I had so many people praying for me and I must say that I am a true believer in the power of prayer! I'm still on seizure medication and I just started driving again last week but other than that things are finally starting to feel back to normal. This is also why they are telling me that I shouldn't have any more children. I don't mean to scare any of you but I do want everyone to know how serious eclampsia can be. Thanks for listening!

Angie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Wow! I'm so glad that you are okay, and i'm sorry you had to go through all that!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Wow angie! They thought I had that for many reasons and also my babys heart rate was real dippity so they induced me 3 weeks early and in the end I ended up having a c-section. I am so glad to know that u are okay. Keep praying. Its a good thing. How is rylee? I would love to see more pics. Im sure shes gotten so big. ~ erica.
|

Experienced User
Rylee is doing wonderful! I know I need to post some pics. Nikki was just saying the same thing! Lol. I gotta remember where I put the camera first! I just had it the other day. Hmmm....
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
I am ash..Im new. Im glad your okay..Omg. That wouldve been so scary..!! Im really glad your fine.!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Ang,
i never realized how serious it was! Gosh! All your memory came back though right? I mean, you remember everything now don't you! Wow! Oh my! Verrrry scary!
|

Experienced User
I still don't really have any memory of thet night but the rest of my memory has slowly come back. It's weird b/c it's like everyday I remember a little more. There was a big portion that I lost though. The day I had rylee is still a little blurry but I do remember having her now.
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Wow! That is very scary! I mean, but you remember your family and stuff. It's just like stuff before the "accident" that you forgot? Right?
|

Experienced User
I remember my family but when I see people that I may not have seen in a while it takes me a few minutes to recognize them and remember who they are.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Omg I never realized it was that serious! Like, I mean I knew it was serious btu I never knew they thought u werent gona make it thru the night! Thats so scary! Im glad u made it thru okay! So ur not having anymore children now??

Shauna
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Wow! But you remembered your ehealth girls! Wow! I am like, shocked! I never knew all this about you! I knew you had eclampsia but not all that other stuff! I did't realize how bad it was~!
|

Experienced User
Yes, I remembered you guys! After a few days anyway. That's one reason I wanted to post my story b/c I don't think anyone realized how serious it was. Everytime I would talk to someone about not being able to drive or being on all this medication they always asked why. So I figured nobody really knew exactly what happened. There's actually more to the story but I thought that was long enough!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Wow Shocked
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow angie!! Well we were definitely praying for you when we heard what was going on! I'm so glad you were ok!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...