Hey everybody!!!!
This is my first time at this forum, but it seems pretty cool here. I just have a question I want to throw out there to some people.
For some reason, I suffer from low blood pressure. Im a tall girl, almost 6 ft, only about 150 lbs, but my blood pressure is normally 100 over 47 give or take a few. I dont feel lightheaded or dizzy all the time, but when I get sick, or if something happens that decreases the blood pressure, then I start to worry. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I eat properly, and I try to eat alot of salt cause I heard that that raises the blood pressure, but it doesnt ever raise it by much. And also I am a smoker, and as far as I knew that was supposed to raise the pressure as well. Anyways, I guess I just wanted to touch base with someone who has this too, and see what they have done to get the pressure up a bit. Anyways, thanxs for your time!!! Seeya!!! :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2003
Many of people have low blood pressure ,especially ,it is common among young girls. Why ? There is no good reasonable explains till now ,but it is normal phenomenon except low blood pressure happen during disease .
So you should not worry about it too much ,don't take a lot of salt which is not good to your health .
Other common causes of low blood pressure include heart disease attack ,diarrhea ,fasting for a long time ,take medicine which can decrease blood pressure.
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Blood pressure of 100 systolic is fine however diastolic of 47 could be an error as usually diastolic is lower along with systolic as well. get a physician and let them have Bp recording at many occasions and see if there is anything to be concerned about.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.