Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Night Nursing And Epilepsy!

Dear ladies, dear moms!
I am totaly new member here and I came from croatia, so sorry for my broken english. Well, I am pregnant and I am in a 6. Month of pregnancy. I fight with my fears for my baby (cause of taking pills) and belive in god so much, so I hope everithing is gona be o.K. I have excelent doctors (gin+ neurol) and I am under medicin control all the time. I lost a baby 2 times befor and I want to do the best for this god's gift.
Well, this is a subject of my fear and occupations. I am very scared about night nursing, couse every of you who have this evil illness knows what kind of victims does it take! So, if I wouldn't sleep during nights and nights it wont be good for my helth andfinaly for my baby, so I want to find some combinations with nursing (i hope you ca understand what I want to say). Here is my plan: I would like to nurse all the day and for the night my husband will make to our beby boy a bottle with industry milk and feed him, so I can sleep a little. Will that way of nursing decrease amount of my milk?
I wanted to talk on croatia's forum with other epileptic moms about this problem, but anyone didn't respond. Can you belive that?! This is very delicate theme in my country.
Please, is here some mom who can help me how to nurse my baby and who passed trought the same situation and dilemas. Just to notice, in croatia moms hate feeding newborn babyes with bottle, couse they think it would confuse the baby (2 kind of nipples) and they belive just good moms nurse their babys. Can you please help me with advieces. I don't want to feel guilty any more. I am so happy that I find this forum and I hope you will answer. If you have an idea where can I put this topic, let me know.
Tnx and have a lots of lovely pregnant kisses from croatia! Melrose.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would think that would be fine. Here, they persuade mothers to stick to either breast or bottle feeding, especially when the baby is very young, but I have seen women switch back and forth successfully. And especially if you are only using a bottle at night, he will learn that if its nighttime, he'll get a bottle, and daytime, a breast. As far as your milk goes, my suggestion would be to express - to milk yourself and store your breastmilk so that your baby gets breastmilk all the time instead of formula or another type of milk.
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Tnx. So, you don't think it's to long from 11 or 12 pm to 5 am without nursing, cause as I know brests produce the most milk during the night, so at first weeks your brain can get a wrong information. Yes, you are right if I will be so happy to have enough milk for my boy, I will pump (is that a wright word?!) during the day and latley at night. I still want to hear moms with that special problem.
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....