Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Umbilical Question?? Idk If I Hurt Her??

Ok so I was changing mackenzies diaper today and I think I caught her umbilical cord on it when I was taking it off and it stuck to it. It is now half off her belly and she started crying idk if I hurt her and I did that or if it was like that and I just saw it now? Underneeth it its kinda whitish idk how to describe but I really hope I didnt yank it off, from then on I am very carfull changing miss mack Smile, so if anyone knows what happens if it prematurly gets yanked half off or somthing just let me know what yall think. Also I think it should be coming off soon anyway sense its been 8 days the nurse at the hospital said around 10 days it falls off so idk just please help I feel bad I hope I didnt hurt her -ryan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2004
Community Volunteer
Relax hon, I believe she'll be just fine, so long as you keep the area clean and bug free.
That spare bits gotta come off anyway so don't worry.
Just give her loadsa love and an extra kiss and she'll forget about and still love you totally Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
It usually takes 2-3 weeks for it to come off. Josh's took 16 days. Make sure u use alcohol on it. I remember josh's hung half off for like a week, and it bugged me, I wished I could have just yanked it off. Lol. But im sure she is fine. It should fall off in about a week, give or take a few days. And josh's onsie pulled his off. It bled just a little, got stuck to the inside, and when I undressed him I noticed it wasnt there. It didnt hurt him and he didnt even know it was gone! Lol! And I still have it! Lmao!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
It's ok huni. She'll be fine and I promise she won't hold it against you!
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey ladies. Well mackenzie's umbilicol cord is just hangin by a thread. I cant wait for that ugly thing to finally come off!!
~heather ryan and mackenzie
|

Experienced User
Update its now hanging there by less than a thread lol
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied September 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
Haha..Eww..!!!! I forgot that newborns had those for awhile!! Oh, I look forward to being a mother..Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...