Lately my relationship with my boyfriend (brent) has been bad. He's bein treatin me like sh*t for the past week. The other night he came into my work and gave me a braclet and said how sorry he was for treating me like that and said he would change. We have bad communication and everyone sees that in our relationship so I was tryin to talk to him and tryin to talk about our relationship. At the end of our conversation I felt nothing but hurt. Alls we accomplished was the fact that we found out that my feelings are a lot stronger for him than his are for me. He said he didnt realize that I loved and cared for him so much. He did say that he loves me just not as much as I do him. Is anybody elses relationship like that? Last night I was so pissed I got all my stuff and was ready to move out at 2 in the morning. He ended up stopping me from leaving after having sat in the other room with his friends on the computer knowing that I was packing my stuff. I just want to know if anybody elses relationship is like this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well mine isnt. But im sure its common, girls are more clingy then boys are. Im sure if you work on your communication issues with him, it will help a lot! Good luck hun!

<3
gaby
|

Experienced User
Hmm, my relationship isnt like that either, but that doesnt mean its wrong!

My boyfriend is the kind of person that had to wait for me to initiate things. I said I love you first, I hugged him first, kissed him first, all that stuff I initiated. I guess I was kinda clingy to him (and still am) but I mean, thats all it took and now out relationship is amazing. Now he initiates pretty much everything else.

Maybe he acted like that because his friend was there? I know my bf acts differently around his friends. Not bad, but different. Maybe he was afraid to show his true feelings for you because his friend was there?
|

Experienced User
He sounds like a dirtbag ...He loves u but not as much as u love him? I probably would have left if I was u. Maybe he's afraid of commitment??
|

Extremely eHealthy
Chris pulled that whole I love you but not as much as you love me thing on me once. I got really mad at him. But atleast he's being honest. Maybe he feels like he isnt giving as much love as he's recieving but he dosent know how to give more? I've felt that way before. It makes you feel like your using the person.

Have you told him how much you feel that y'all dont communicate?

Do the two of you start to fight and yell alot when you do try to communicate?

Me and chris had that problem...Mainly this happens because the both of you are being selfish and closed minded. If you stay calm and open minded to what he has to say he will do the same back. But as soon as you get mad and aggravted he will too.

Try telling him that y'all need to communicate and then just stay very calm, and if he starts to freak just be like..."baby, calm down, i'm not upset so you have no reason too be" everytime he starts to freak...

Well good luck!!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Ok me and michael fought alot, but then I broke up with him and now he's like great and stuff, so I think you just have to make him realize he cant just take you for granted, becuz when u leave they realize they were a-holes and try their hardest to change for you to come back, but dont go back real soon, make him hurt and want it bad.
Meagan
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...