I just found out that most women get strech marks in the sixth and seventh months of pregnancy, but that is not the bad news. The bad new is that though many of us may not have them yet, and when we get to eight months we still may not have them that we can see, invisble ones may be forming under the skin, just waithing to pop out. And a lot of women get them after they give birth. This sucks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol! I was expecting something serious! lmao! Whew! Yeah but stretch marks arent all bad. They fade after you have the baby too. It's no big deal.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, after shayna's news I was expecting something really bad! Man this is nothing!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol, me 2. Although, I dont want stretch marks. But with my luck I will get them becuz I gonna pop out suddenly here in the next two months and then s.T.R.E.T.C.H. M.A.R.K.S lol. I guess thats what i'll get for being little right now. Haha
|

Extremely eHealthy
They go away, I had some dark stretchmarks on my side and after I had mackenzie they went really super light. Its not to bad its just marks u have to remember the good times of havin ur baby in there Smile lol
~heather ryan and mackenzie
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well no need for me to be surprised, I already have them! Lol only in the front of my belly too, no where else
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I have them kind of high, and not dark, but starting a few days ago I have purple ones starting just to the right of my belly button! Shocked nnnoooo!!!!!Haha I am gunna look like a road map I bet by the time this baby comes. I can't believe i'm getting them, I didn't think my tummy was streatching all that much. I was telling jeff I feel so small still, and looked at me surpised and said, you don't look small at all to me, you look really big. But compared to other preggy tummys, I still feel small. He says probably because I am fat (yes he used that word!!! Sad ) it makes my pregnant belly look smaller then that on a skinny person who is just as far along. I don't know. But skinny before or not, they still seem bigger. I just have this cute little basket ball in front of me. I kind of like the little belly though. I already have soo many issues from it!!! Haha bad back, tired quickly, pelvic pain. Pregnancy is not what you expect it to be!! I use to listen to all the girls complain saying they want the baby out already, and now I fianlly understand. I'm 28 weeks today and saying, "how much longer??" lol

stacey
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have em very light on my stomach but its my calves that piss me off!! They somehow, ended up on the back of my calf! I cant even wear a skirt until they go away.... Lol

shauna
|

Experienced User
During my pregnancy, I used mederma, its a topical gel made just for stretch marks and surgery scars.
|

There's all sorts of creams and stuff available now, and ive heard that you can get those vitamin e caplets with the liquid inside, pop them and rub it directly on the marks, I have a ton of them from losing lots of weight when I was younger and theyve faded pretty well already

meg
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You can also get vitamin e oil by itself in a little bottle so you don't have to pop open the little pills!
|

Lol. I am sorry for the title ya'll. Now I really see that it was not the best choice. Well, anyway I heard vitamin e is supposed to work for them, but it never did for me. Vitamin e is great for the face though, it keeps the pores really small. I also have used mederma for scars and strech marks, it only works when you use it faithfully. I have had tons of strech marks but none on my stomach. I seems like the younger you are when you get them, the more likely they are to diappear. When I had my little growth spurt when I just turned 9, my bra size went from not even an a to a tight b, and so on. I got strech marks on the upper corner of each breast, and eventhough I am a dd now they are gone. I also had them behind my knees but they diappeared by themselves too. The only ones the don't seem to want to go away are the really light ones on my thigh close to my hips. Ohh well I guess. But I still don't want any on my tummy.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I thought something bad had happened.

Yes, a lot of the time stretch marks do not show up until after you shrink. I mean, think about it. When your skin is stretched, it is stretched so you may not be able to see the marks. But, when you shrink back down, you have all of this extra skin that has tear marks in it.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...