Ok well I went to wic today and had to take dom too. My doc told me to change his formula from similac to isomil becuz he has been so constipated ever since he started similac. Well I also told her how I have occasionally put karo syrup in some water because it helps babys poop and also his pediatrician recommended it too. She gave me a flyer about not to give infants kyro syrup or honey since they r not pasturiezed and can cause botulism disease which is a condition in which it causes the baby to stop breathing and die!!!!! Shocked how n the hell could his pediatrician tell me to give him that? I even have a atricle on it too. They recommend that u mix 1 tablespoon of juice and 1 ounce of water or 1 ounce of juice and 1 ounce of water to help them poop. U can use any of these 3 juices... Apple, cranberry or prune. Just thought i'd let u mommy's out there know if u didnt already. ~ erica.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the warning! I've always heard local honey is great for people because it can help fight off allergies, but I guess not for babies!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ive never heard of that syrup though. Ill remember that juice thing, but also if they have a tummy ache you can give them... Its hard to say mancenilla - man-zen-nia. Its like a tea sort of and you boil it in water, take out the seeds, and put it in a bottle. All the mexicans I know do it. It soothes their tummy. But thanks for the info on the constipation.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Omg, this is terrible. This is just why I don't trust most docs. Now if something god forbid happened to dom, they would most likely say it was sids. Now I wonder how many sids ccases are really this.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I know isnt that scary? Just wait till I take him for his next visit! Like shes a doctor hellllo she is supposed to be updated about these things. I trust her with my childs life for petes sake but instead I have to worry . ~ erica.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow, I cant believe your dr would tell you that! Im glad you foudn out now!

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
Omg thats so scary! A ped shouldnt reccoment that if its dangerous! God thats scary!

Shauna
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...