Okay girls, I have been racking my brain, and searching all over the internet for the answer to this question. What, other than pregnancy, can cause your montgomery glands to be more pominent? Those are the little bumps on your areola. I was in the bath tub with my hubby Embarassed and he asked me to go to Dr. Because they are getting worse. They look normal, but they have at least tripled in quantity. If any of you have an idea, it would be great to know. Thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Kia
|

replied August 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Might be a silly question, but is it possible you are pregnant?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hormones!!!
You could possibly be pregnant
or started birth control
or changed birth control
or stopped birth control
or err how old are you? It could be early menopause
anything which affects your hormone balance really.

Ohhh and sometimes if you are near to babies or if there is something you feel motherly towards.
|

I am 21 years old. I have been off of bc for approx 1 year. My husband and I have been ttc for about 1 year. So, I am anxious to see. I am only eight days late. I am hoping for pregnancy. I have pcos, and my hormones are alway messed up, but I have never had anything like this. My boobs look like a dark road map with baby ant hills all over them. It, honestly, is embarrasing!!! Embarassed thanks for your replies, hope to hear from you all soon.
|

Sure sounds like a sign of pregnancy. Any other symtom. Since you are already 8 days late, how about a home pregnancy test.
|

I have had some others, nausea (gone away), cramping like I am about to start, yet nothing, tired (what is new), and a weird sudden urge to have sex alot. I am the type of person that usually wants sex once everyother day, and now I am like a horn toad. All the time 24-7. Also, I have colostrum, but I can't count on that because I have had it before, and wasn't pregnant at the time. Who knows Rolling Eyes , just wondered if the boob thing could be anything else other than pregnancy? Question
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Congratulations...
I know i'm jumping the gun here, but I have the same problem with the glands. I have had all of the pregnancy symptoms also. I looked everywhere on the internet, and the only info I can find on them is pregnancy. I'll find out wednesday if I am or not. If you do find out you are, then, congratulations ahead of time. I wish you all the luck in the world :d
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Damn, I dont even know what a aerola is, sorry.
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Aerola is the darker area of skin surrounding the nipple. Montgomery glands are little bumps in/on the aerola.
|

replied November 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Sure sounds like you are prego to me, but I never had breast changes until after my 6th month with any of my pregs, but everyone and every pregnancy is different!!! G/l *****b/d b/d b/d****
|

replied September 9th, 2009
Could I be...
I have the same thing going on. My period has not come yet but i have all the signs. Yesterday i took a HPT and it came back negative. I have cramping in the lower stomach, lots of back pain. Im tired all of the time, and now my boobs have these white bumps showing up on them around the aerola. I dont understand what else this could be....Pregnant or not? What do you think?
|

replied July 14th, 2010
Having the same issue I had sex about 3 weeks ago 1 week before my period was scheduled to start. Then I was three days late an started with spotting which isnt normal for my body, you could set a clock by my period I even use ladytimer.com to send me reminders Im so consistent. And I never start with a spot its always a flow. So my period came and everything appeared normal until right after my period when I started feeling dizzy, lite-headed, and nauseous. Ive only experienced this sensation one other time and that was when i was on bc and forgot a dose and was forced to take 2 doses in close proximity of each other. I was also depressed and weepy which could be because Im about to start grad school in another state and not really at the point when a baby would be good news. Also, I began having shooting pains in my nipples and they remained achy ans hyper sensitive. I began cramping like my period was on its way, but that couldnt be possible seeing that it just ended less then 5 days prior. The cramps were bad and woke me up at night. I also felt like I just couldnt get enough sleep and I still feel that way, truth be told if I thought my sisters would let me I would be sleep right now...lol! Ive also been experiencing constant lower back pain I thought It could be my kidneys so I started subbing water for my soda a fruity drinks. I am constantly thirsty and I pee a lot. I experienced a weird sort or constipation where it was difficult to have a bowel movement but my stool wasnt hard it just didnt want to come out. I also have a constant head ache that never leaves and I crave pickles.. and I hardly ever eat pickles. In fact I am sure that Ive eaten more pickles in that past 3 weeks then I have eaten in my entire life collectively. I am moody and easily irritated I have very little patients very similar to my PMS. The head aches, nausea, lite-head, and, sleep happen all at the same time and take a while to go away. Oh yeah, and these bumps that I know now as Montgomery glands have become more prominent around my nipples and the skin around them has darkened. I took a pregnancy test last week too soon to tell, took one Sunday and it was still too soon to tell but I got a very very faint positive Im just going to wait another week or so.. cuz I feel like Im going crazy. Sound prego to you?
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Similar situation here...I went off my birth control last month which makes me think it may be hormonal. I have PCOS but instead of going months without a period, I go months without stopping. Usually when I go off my bc I immediately start bleeding and don't stop until I start bc again. I went off of it around the 19th of June and had about a 10 day period. The last few days were more of a dark brown color though. I haven't bled since. I have been having cravings. Crazy cravings. Ice cream and pickles *(yes its amazing! lol), ice cream and salt and vinegar potato chips. Anyway, I have been having some cramping but I think its more gas than anything. I have been more tired than usual but haven't been having the need to sleep..just lay down and relax makes me feel better. Slight headaches. I have also been very aroused here lately. Seems like I want to pounce on my boyfriend all day long. Lol. Something else that is out of the norm is the amount and color of my discharge. Usually I have very little, very clear discharge and now its very prominent and more opaque. In the past few days I have noticed the Montgomery glands on my areolas. I only have one or two on one and a few on the other. I have had the occasional shooting pain in my breasts but nothing constant. I took a pregnancy test the day I was supposed to start my period and it came up negative. I took one last Friday and it was positive. I checked it after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes (what can I say, I was freaking out! lol). After about 20-25 minutes the positive line started to fade and before the 30 minute mark it was completely gone. I should have taken a picture but I didn't. I talked to family about it and they said that you aren't supposed to trust test results after 10 minutes because they aren't reliable but they had never heard of a test fading that fast. They also said that if it was positive in the first place that it had to have detected some HCG for it to appear + in the first place. I was a skeptic and insisted on another test. I took a test this morning actually and it turned out negative. The test I took had "For In vitro diagnostic use only". I had never seen that on a test and was wondering if anyone knew what that meant. I am hoping that it was a fluke in the test and that I am pregnant. Going to the dr on Friday. Wish me luck! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2011
=/
well i know these post are old but if anyone knows plz help.....

i got my period late this month but i got it, very light and brown, like old blood. Now i have more montgomery gland on my breasts. idk if i should worry about being prego or just leave it??
im not taking bc or anything im 21.i did have sex when i was ovulating last month =/.....

is it normal to get alot mongomery glands??
how many mongomery glands are normal to have??

if anyone knows plz help, kinda scared...
thanks so much.
|

replied August 27th, 2011
okay So I got my period about 15 days ago. I just recently maybe the past 3 days have had an upset stomach and some cramping. Today I just noticed my areolas have those montgomery things on them. I never had them before. could I have gotten pregnant right before my period?? It was a normal period..
|

replied December 27th, 2011
I took a test 9 days before my period. Got a positive and I am having all the symptoms of pregnancy but all test afterwards have been negative and Im not due for my period for four more days.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Am I pregnant
Hi I am 3 weeks and 5 days late for my period I last had sex 6 weeks ago, I have 90% of the symptoms for pregnancy including lumps around my nipples and painfully boobs, I haven't been pregnant before so I don't no what to do, I have done 2 tests 2 weeks go and one last week and both said negative however I did them both about 7.00 in the evening and now I hear it's more affective first thing in the morning, do you think I could still be pregnant and be getting a false negative? please help Smile
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...