I would love to get breast implants but I have heard ofmany horror stories. I don't know what ishould do. I am only 17 years old, but I will be 18 in a couple of weeks and that is on my littl 'to do' list. Will someone please give me some informed advice!!!! Question Exclamation Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2004
I am 28 and this december will be two years since I got my implants. I absolutley love them! Would I have gotten them at 18? No, but if you have the support of your family and friends go for it! Just get lots of research on the doctor you choose. There are so many horror stories out there, but most are due to doctor error.
The one thing I stress to everyone who asks me about mine is be prepared for pain! Lol! My mom and I both took a week off work and I needed her more than I thought I would. I couldn't even go to the bathroom by myself! After a full week I was better, still sore but able to function.
Best of luck to you!
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Hi, i've heard it is very painful and can result in complications, such as them breaking inside you and nipples leaking, etc. You seem very young and are still developing emotionally--i guess that never stops--but maybe give it sometime and you may realize you love your body the way it is.
|

replied September 13th, 2004
Hi i've also heard that it's painful, and at 18 your still developing. Your breasts continue to grow until your 26. Also with some women pregnancy will enlarge your breasts permanately, though not always. I have a friend who was barely an a cup at 17 and now at 24 she's wearing a c. So I say wait a couple years. You can always use silicon breasts under your bra to enhance your bust until you decide for sure that surgery is the way you want to go, but once you get the surgery you can't go back.
|

replied September 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Research Your Surgeon
The only advice I can give is make sure you research you surgeon and his experienced try to find out what his done, how much breast implants his done if they all went well no muck ups and all that ect cause theres a lot of them that do very bad jobs. So try to research thats the only advice I kan give you.
|