Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

depression support group

Crying or Very sad
I am looking for a support group that I could join. For the last 3 years my life has been under a black cloud. My family (husband, son 14 yr. Daughter 10 yr) and I had to move to a new town. We made great friends with our neighbors. In may of 2002 my daughter had her apendicates out then in september of 2002 I lost my second mother, a grandmother, two days before christmas I lost a uncle that was a father to me. February of 2003 I lost my mother-in-law and needed to help my husband out. Then in june of 2003 my husband fell off a deck and hit his head. I was told I was like cause the way the fire fighters found him they thought he was on his way out. I still think he had three special angles that day.

I feel somedays I just can't take too much more of this pain. It is my children that makes me go on. If it wasn't for them I would stay home or not be here. So if there is anyone who could help me I would gladly appreicate it
thanks Sad Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Hi im nicole!

First of all, love the elvis name! Im a big fan of elvis! And second, im sorry you had to go through all of this! Thats so sad. But you should always celebrate the life of someone lost not grieve over it. It helps so much. You know remember the happy times, not the sad? So how is your husband doing? That is good hes ok. You know im going through a hard time too. I think my dad has passed away, I hate thinking that but hes been gone almost two months and not a word from him. I feel sad but you always have to give all your problems and sorrows to .God. You know his most precious jewels are the tears we shed. He is there for everything. Again im sorry you have felt this way, I hope things look up for you! Here are a few words of encouragement!!!

Romans 15:13
may the god of hope fill you with all the joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit.

Hebrews 13:5
5keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because god has said,
"never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."[1] 6so we say with confidence,
"the lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.

Deuteronomy 31
8 the lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

isaiah 53
3 he was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by god,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 but he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
|

replied September 30th, 2003
Hi elvis1977,
please try and remember all the good things that you have in your life. You have 2 wonderful children and you are so lucky that your husband did have those angels looking out for him. How is he doing? How are your children dealing with all of these troubles? Remember the good times that you had with your grandmother and your uncle and stay strong for their memories.
Life can get pretty hard sometimes, can't it? I hope you can stay positive and take things one day at a time. Good luck, stressed out Cool
|

replied October 1st, 2003
Thank you to all that answered. My husband is doing better thank you for asking. My children seem to be ok with everything. Sometime they will bring up the relatives. I listen and tell them that I feel what they are feeling.

Thaanks again.
|

Hi elvis,
just wanted to check in and see how you're doing today. If it's at all possible, you need to take a little bit of time just for you. I have noticed that when the chance does arise for me, it helps a whole bunch. Just to be able to do whatever I want for a few minutes, it all helps!
And I think this chatting really helps too, don't you? I just joined the other day too, and so far so good.

Hope to hear from you again soon.
|

I lost my mother in 1989 in february, my grandmother (her mother) in december of 1989 and my father in 1990. I lost my signaficant other in 2000 and trust me I remember and think about them everyday. I struggles with thoughts of them and has been put through more trials and tribulations then the next person. It's okay to think about them but when you start spending all day thinking about them it's a problem. It became a problem for me. It was time for me to seek a professional for their help. I spoke to my best friend who lives almost 2000 miles away and she came and helped me through this painful ordeal in my life. I spoke to family. I felt like you. If it was not for my children I would have laid down and witheres away. Talking has helped me so much. My children would here me play a song and they knew I was depressed and turn it off. Now I play my music and they come and check on me and see i'm fine and they are now talking and remembering and getting what they feel out. My family, friends, children and if need be my therapist has helped me out of that depression. I still feel the emptiness and void in my life but then I accept the feelings, I remember the good and the bad and I move on to the next challenge. I believe I will see all my loved ones one day, but for now, I have loved ones walking, breathing and talking that need me and i'm going to take advantage of it. If you cant call your old neighbors if you must. Join a church or a support group. Look around for a church. A clergy person I found is more than a spiritual advisor but can also be a great listener and a friend. Good luck to you and I hope you and your husband find peace.
|

replied October 2nd, 2003
Hi,
i just joined this group and I can certainly relate to your pain and depression. I am going through an awfully lot myself, but we must keep reminding ourselves that the lord loves us and will not put more on us than we can handle. Please feel free to email me and we can chat and support each other if you would like. May prayers are with you.
|

replied October 4th, 2003
Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

You have been through so much, and for that, I am truly sorry. I hope things start to look brighter for you.

Best wishes,
|

replied October 4th, 2003
Hi Elvis1977
:d just want you to know that it might seem impossible at times but it will get better. Never loose faith he's always there for you. When everything seems bad, it's a signal to give it all to god! I am glad you are feeling better. I hope the best for you and your family.
God bless
ga

"the lord will guide you continually."-isaiah 58:11
|

replied October 15th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
At some stage in their lives, everyone will look around at all the bad thats happened 2 them and will dwell on it-they begin 2 forget about all the good. My life was pretty crap for a while-i had bad depression,then my beloved grandma died,now my 38 yr old cousin with 3 kids has 2 weeks 2 live and my best friend may be aborting the child I may b godmother 2. Unfortunately, there r times whne we think there's nothing good 2 live 4. U need 2 focsu on what is good-kids, hubby etc. Maybe u shud go c ur doc, explain how u feel & c if u can see a counsellor-its alwaysa good 2 share ur problems and remember, a problem shared is a problem halved.
Good luck with everything
lodsa luv
liz x
p.S. Elvis rockssssssssss!!!!!!
|

replied October 15th, 2003
Mother teresa once said that ' the lord only gives us what we can deal with, I just wish he didn't have so much confidence in me'. That aside, without going through the long list of my own loses (daughter, parents, etc) I speak with confidence that things do get better. The loses you suffered will make it so you life won't be the same, obviously, but the pain does lessen and you will find joy again. Sunflower
|

replied December 29th, 2018
if it's not too much trouble attempt and recollect all the beneficial things that you have in your life. You have 2 brilliant youngsters and you are lucky to the point that your significant other had those holy messengers paying special mind to him. How goes it with he? How are your kids managing these inconveniences? Keep in mind the great occasions that you had with your grandma and your uncle and remain solid for their recollections.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....