Has anyone ever had blood just well up in thier throat? This happenned to me last sat. I was feeling fine then all of a sudden I had a feeling of lots of fluid in my throat. When I spit blood came out , I kept bleeding for about 10- 15 minutes. I went to the emargency room, and they said x-rays and blood work looked ok. But it sounded as though I had bronchitis, which I recieved a script and cough medicine. I went to my family doc monday and she couldn't find anything either, except that I may have bronchitis. I spit up bloody sputum from time to time. I was just wondering if anyone out there has run into anything like this before? Needless to say I just keep wondering if this is going to happen again?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper zhouwen
|

replied October 1st, 2003
Spit Up Bloody Sputum
How old are you ?
Have you gotten any disease of lung before ?
Common cause of spit blood include tuberculosis ,bronchiectasis,cancer ,
bronchitic .I advise you to take a ct examination of your lung and take a test for excluding the possibility of tuberculosis while you taking some medicine of antibacterial .
Good luck !
|

replied October 6th, 2003
Had a ct done on 10/02/03. I have a spot on my left lung. Docs are'nt sure what it is. Been going through periods of coughing up blood clots, for 9 days now, and been on levaquin for same period of time. Hope to see a lung doc soon. Thanks. By the way i'm 40 and a non smoker.
|

replied May 1st, 2009
coughing up blood
Arbee, I see this article is old and I hope by now your problem has been solved and that you are ok! To anyone reading this I have a friend with an auto immune disease who approximately a week ago coughed up bright red blood and has been doing so ever since. Can anyone help with this? She has seen her doc and has had a CT scan done a day ago. Is there anymore we can do. She has also been to a pulmonologist in the state for further testing. Does anyone know what this maybe? signed: A very concerned best friend, CAT
|

replied June 21st, 2010
Coughing up blood
My son 26 yrs. old is coughing up blood four to five times a day and it is red, more than three spoon fulls at a time and has been doing it for long time now have done many hospital tests. Nothing has helped so for. It stops on its own and comes back suddenly almost every two years.
If anyone can help please write me.
|

replied November 30th, 2010
Blood in throat
I began feeling blood well up in my throat a couple of weeks ago, but it was not a lot. I didn't have to spit it out, but I put my finger in my mouth and there was blood on it. Went to the docs and he looked in my throat and mouth and couldn't see anything. But a few days later, today to be exact, I felt something in my throat, tasted blood and went and spit in the bathroom sink and it was red blood, not bright red, more of crimson. I have just phoned the NHS and they are going to phone me back.
|

replied September 13th, 2011
phlegm with blood
my baby is only 2 almost 3 years old.. and she has fever until now... 5 days to be exact.. and last night when she cough i saw that there's a blood on her phlegm. i dont know what to do.. can you help me with this..? thank you.. im waiting foe your reply. God bless
|

replied March 16th, 2013
what is the problem with my lungs
i am 20 years old. when I cough ,blood comes from my lungs.it is bright red. I had this problem 3 years before. but after Dr. treatment it ends up. now it is starting again.I had pain in my lungs. cough only came early in the morning. Plz tell me, what can I do? what you think, what is the disease?
|

replied April 21st, 2013
I'm 17 and was wondering the same. I only get a small amount of blood if any at all and it only happens every once in a while. My throat is red, scratchy, and has red lines and white dots on it. My tonsils are swollen, one appears to be bleeding slightly, and there are white dots on them as well. The only was for me to clear my throat completely is to cough then hack a loggie, sometimes when I do that specks of blood are present. My doctor said i had Post nasal drips, but did not do any tests to determine this, just opened my mouth and gave me pills.

Anyways, is there a for sure way to tell if my lungs are bleeding or if it my throat? I don't have any shortness of breath, I'm not dizzy, and I do not feel sick at all (except for an itchy throat). I just want to know if it's more serious, I'm not trying to die at 17.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....