It sux and I wanna know what can I take for it, and dont tell me that ol' eat more fiber drink more fluids cuz I tried. Help me.
Laughing meagan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Buy a laxative from your local drugstore or supermarket. They even come in chocolate flavored, lol. I think eating fruits may help too.

I dont know if you are preggy... But if you are, I dont know if you can take laxatives...?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah i'm pregnant, and i'm not supposed to take laxatives, I eat soo much fruit its ridiculous, i'm gonna just tell my doc.
|

Experienced User
Did you try prunes or cranberry juice??

Thats what I started taking when I had constipation in my second trimester... Wink
|

Experienced User
I heard walking can help loosen your stool.... Hey, its worth a shot, right?! Lol
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Walking works or maybe it was the warm water, anyway they work together just fine. Lol Laughing thanks everyone
meagan
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
One other thing, don't hang on for as long as possible.
When you feel the need *go* else things can become compacted and difficult.
|

I had this problem about a month ago. It sucked so bad. I wound up really big and bloated cause I would go for days without going. I asked my doctor and here is what he told me....

Drink a lot of water. More than usual

eat leafy green veggies

take metamucil...This helped me so much. I bought the capsules which are kind of expensive, but when you are in that pain...You want whatever will make you go.

I took metamucil for a few days and I found that and water did the trick. Good luck! Smile
|

replied January 29th, 2014
Latley ive been having consipation real bad like all th time & this whole month I missed my period could i be pregneat?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2014
Community Volunteer
This thread is 10 years old.
You might want to start your own thread.
Constipation is not a definitive sign of pregnancy.
If you have had unprotected sex then the simple answer is yes you could be pregnant.
You need to take a pregnancy test.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....