What about "robert, 12......" ? So many views and still not even one answer ? Why ? Help me understand. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2004
Frustration
Exclamation monique...I have searched hi and lo to find an active message board for myelodysplasia/leukemia. I guess there are none. As a new visitor to this forum, it took me over 30 minutes to post this message. It took me hours and hours and hours to even find this link. Why don't more people respond? Why doesn't anybody respond?? ??? All I can say is that I am dying and have very little energy and many days that limit's my ablility to interact. I am sorry for your young friend robert. My name is kathleen, age 54, denver colorado. I have had plenty of treatment but dying nonetheless. One thing we all need as far as cancer goes is an active responsive website, easy to use. If anybody knows of one please let me know.
|

Hello, kathleen !
I'm really glad to receive your answer. Thank you !
I don't know yet a special forum for leukemia, but I will look for, especially for you. I'm surprised to find that even in denver, the treatment is not efficient. What about the transplant ?
You know, someway, i'm an outsider as I don't have myself leukemia. But, someway, I have, as I have a friend with leukemia. Last september, I begun the voluntary work in a section of children with leukemia and cancer. There, i've seen a lonely child, without parents, robert. I become step by step a friend of him. Yesterday, I just received a letter from him. I don't want to borre you but I want to tell you that, someway, I know what leukemia means.
You are 54, as my mother is. Sinceerly, I don't know what I would do if I would have leukemia... I really trust in god and I believe in the next life. I don't want to upset you with a "religious" sermon, but it's what I really believe. So, from this point of view, leukemia is, someway, nothing. Even if yor life will mean such pain, maybe only 54 years, what's more important is the next life, an eternal life, when you'll meet again all the persons you love, your family. I wouldn't dare to write you this, if I would't believe it. Even if robert will die, I am sure that I will meet him again "someday", when we will not cry anymore... What do you think about this ?

Sinceerly,
monique Question
|

Keep the Faith
Monique...The medical treatment here is excellent because I have good medical insurance. I have been a candidate for transplant but a matching donor has not been found. In an ideal world, I think robert should have the transplant because he is so young. I do have a strong spiritual belief system which does sustain me...Sometimes. Other times there is fear. I use meditation to help. Everyday I seek to transcend my situation in many ways. E mail is one way.
|

replied September 22nd, 2004
"another Begging From Romania "
First, thanks for reply. You know, I realise once again that, someway, we live in different worlds. I mean, here, in romania, the transplant is almost imposible, as you need a lot of money for it. When I begun to look for forums like that, I did it in order to try to find a help for robert, and I didn't ask for much, as a transplant would cost. I just wanted to give him some little presents, maybe a little trip to the seaside, as he didn't ever see the seaside. I asked many persons but still no answers. More, the persons whom I asked, kept the silence. They didn't have at least the respect to answer me: "sorry, I am too selfish to do it..." maybe, you would ask why don't I help him myself. The answer is that I live in romania. In october, I am supposed to employ myself as a social worker, for which I would receive 100 $ a month !!!
So, kathleen, I dare now to ask you too . Would you like to help this boy ? Or maybe you know someone to be able to do it, please.

Thanks a lot. Question
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Hello
Is your friend robert still living,i pray and hope that he is,and I hope you are getting along well too,i read your post and it sadden but you also amazed me with your strong belief and that is all that really matters when it come down to it.I hope your friend is still living all my prayers to you both,have a wonderful bless day!
|

replied August 15th, 2005
Greetings!
Hi!
A message from ehealthforum is what I expected less for today, as the last time when I visited the site was a lot of time ago. So, it's a nice surprise for the beginning of this week!
First, thanks for your message. Yes, robert is still fine now, thanks god. And he's doing well from many points of view. For me, the experience of meeting those children with cancer is still a great mistery. It's amazing how much friendship you can see there... You know, there are many things to talk about here... Now i'm supposed to work. So, I will not be able to say too much now.Thanks anyway and a good day too. Bye!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...