My husband and I are trying to get pregnant for the first time. I have seen my ob/gyn and I am taking pre-natal vitamins. I do have high blood pressure (it runs in the family) and I was taking hydrochlorothiazide (hcl). My doctor told me this was not a safe drug to take while pregnant so while working with my family md I was switched over to a 30 mg dose of nifedical xl. I found out that this drug is rated c by the fda. Has anyone taken this drug while pregnant? I want to do what is right for my body before I get pregnant. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2003
I Would Suggest You
Ask your doctor for "aldomet" methyldopa is the generic it's the only "safe" blood pressure medicine. I'm shocked your doctor didn't prescribe this already.

Good luck on getting pregnant! Laughing
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....