Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Can You Get Pregnant While On the Pill

Iam on alesse and I take it between 10-2am every night and I have been on it for 1yr 1/2 me and my boyfriend have just recently started haveing sex without a comdom and he pulls out but last month by peroid was one day early and was normal except it was brownish in color the first day now iam due for my period agian and its a day late so iam confused I have been streesed about it and I took a test and it was -negative but it may be to soon oh ya and I have to pee like every 15mins it feel like I always have to go. I have just recently for the past 3 weeks been walking like 1hr a day I hear that can effect you period help pls someone have any answers
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, you can get pregnant while on the pill. Nothing is full proof. Wait about a week and a half and take the test again. Then if it is negative ,and you still think something is up, go to the doctor, and ask for a blood test.

Hope I hepled.
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you feel like you gotta go all the time, then it might be a urinary tract infection... I doubt your pregnant, although it is possible. The pill is only 99% effective - if you take it correctly. Antibiotics can mess with the effectiveness of the pill too, and I think-but not sure- ibuprofen, or acetaminophen(tylenol), or something may also mess with the effectiveness (im not sure on that one so dont hold it against me).
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you are supposed to start now, you can get an accurate result from a pregnancy test. You should test! Let us know!
|

linuxchique wrote:
if you are supposed to start now, you can get an accurate result from a pregnancy test. You should test! Let us know!
i did take a test today and it was negative
|

replied August 19th, 2004
Experienced User
I think its probably just the stress of it!! Just stpo worrying, relax and im sure it'll come!
|

replied August 19th, 2004
june4life wrote:
i think its probably just the stress of it!! Just stpo worrying, relax and im sure it'll come!
it came last night :d
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...