Ok well last night I started having more contractions, they felt like really strong bh, but with really bad lower back pain, so low it was like it was in my butt. The pain in my back would go away when the contraction went away. I kept havin these all night, ranging anywhere from 3 to 16 minutes apart(there were a couple random ones that came late, or really fast) but mainly around 8-10 minutes apart. Im startin to worry. Should they be so close together without me being in labor? Im also starting to worry that im one of them girls that just dont get painful contractions til its too late, and on your way to the hospital you end up poppin out the baby(also I heard premature labor can just sneak up on ya w/o painful contractions). Im still having the contractions but I havent been timing them since I went to bed last night at 11.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I would calll a doc and ask. How far r u again? I had my contractions the day before I went into labor, they ranged around 10 minutes apart all day. Then the next night I went to the hospital in labor. I had contractions 7 minutes apart or less for 2 1/2 hours, then went to the hospital. By time I left to go tho they were 3 min apart and I was still in labor for 10 hours after that. Normally ur doc tells u to come in once their 5 to 7 minutes apart, is that what ur doc says? I would call just to see what he says, but normally people have plenty of time even once their at the hospital, not always tho so I would ask* goodluck and maybe its nearing time!
|

Extremely eHealthy
My doc told me to come in when they are around 7-8 minutes apart. Im 35 weeks... I will be 36 weeks on saturday though. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow... He said he was gonna do a cervical exam or whatever... That means checkin me for dialation right? Thats what my mom told me lol... But I think I might wait til tomorrow to talk to him about it. I just dunno!! What did your contractions feel like when they were 10 minutes apart?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
They hurt a little like tight cramps... But they were bareable. Actually even when I was in labor and they were 7 minutes apart, they hurt but still were bareable. They didnt become extremely painful till 3 minutes apart and were like that for 10 hours after that* but even if they dont kill yet, it could definitly still be labor right now* didnt u say they were 8 minutes apart? If ur doc saiid 7-8 min I would call*
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...