Im scared my new headache symptoms might be something serious.

First off im 19 and have never suffered from headaches until about 2 months ago when I had a dull aganozing one for about a weekor so. It went away for about week or two and has recently came back.

Sometimes I wake up with a headache and it will last all day. Its not servere and is usually located around the eye and temples. Also sometimes it will seem to stay on one side of my head. I cant really seem to find a pattern in them, but they do seem to become less frequent of im more active during the day. Two advils will make hte headache go away.

Im just worried since ive never had prolonged headaches before. I dont really live a stressfull life at all but I have suffered from anxiety in the past. I was just wondering if this sounds like something serious to you guys..Of I maybe you have an idea of what kinda head ache htis could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2004
Experienced User
From experience.. If 2 advil will make it go away then it's probably not that serious. Advil wouldn't work for a tumor or such. You can actually start to get migraines at any age, it may be possible you are starting to develop minor ones. I would go to a general physician anyway to rule out a problem with sinuses or such. It's always better to play it safe with headaches.
|

replied September 9th, 2004
You might want to drop in and get your eyes checked as well. If you work with computers a lot you may be straining them.
|

replied September 9th, 2004
You might want to drop in and get your eyes checked as well. If you work with computers a lot you may be straining them.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....