Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Progesterone Levels - Low?

I had a day 21 progesterone test done about two months ago and the doctor said that my progesterone levels were a little low at 8.6. I am now 5 weeks pregnant and wondering if my "low" progesterone levels will effect my pregnancy. From my understanding, your pregesterone levels in your luteal phase (time of day 21 progesterone test) should be between 8-?, then between 10-20 when pregnant, until around the 12th week when the placenta takes over. Am I overreacting, or should I have my progesterone levels checked? Anyone else experience anything similiar?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Progesterone Levels
Dear blondie,

these are the normal progesterone levels for pregnancy:

1st trimester 11.2 - 90.0 ng/ml
2nd trimester 25.6 - 89.4 ng/ml
3rd trimester 48.4 - 422.5 ng/ml

is that what you meant ? Yeah your doctor is right, they are low but i'm sure doc will keep a close eye on you and it should be fine. Are you recieving progesterone replacement therapy ? I'm not sure if it will affect your pregnancy or not, but from what I know about low progesterone levels is that it can sometimes send you into early menopause. I hope that helps.

Regards,

.::suzy::.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...