Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Question On Vitamins, Need Urgent Reply!

Hello... I'm currently taking a nutrition class and have a assignment to do on vitamins. The couple of questions I need answered is, do you take vitamin supplements? If yes, what are they? If no, ask why not? I will appreciated it if I get any respones. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Micronutrients
Vitamin c 500 mg / day to increase your basal metabolic rate . Vitamin e 200 iu ( international units ) / day to thin your blood . And, last but not least beta carotine 10, 000 iu / day to stabilize your insulin level ( which all of us has whether diabetic or not ) .
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well, I have a multivitamin )for people over 50. I am only 25, but it was the only multivitamin I could find without iron as I do not take iron supplements. And I also have calcium. Unfortunately, I do not take them often, but I do plan on it! I cannot take many vitamins as they make me sick, so a multivitamin works well for me.
|

Well thanks for both of you guys answers Smile
|

replied August 30th, 2004
Sorry For Late Reply
I take a liquid vitamin with 178 ingredients daily. Have done so for about 8 months. Biggest effect i've noticed is a little more energy (i tend towards the energizer bunny anyway) and able to maintain a very positive attitude whilst experiencing some negative business results.

Also take a super antioxidant. Although no outwardly visible effects, with those two supplements, tested rather high on an antioxidant test - 33,000. The average initial test is in the mid teens - 13 or 14,000.

Cost of both products is under $2 a day or about $60 a month. Many folks spend that on cokes every day.
|

replied September 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
$2 a day? My god! My vitamins cost me $16 a year and they are wonderful! You could do so many things with that $60 a month. Sponsor a starving child man!
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....