My name is leah, im 23 and have been dealing with anxiety sence I was 5, so I know the ups and down and the neverending struggle to be "normal". What I didnt know was something I think my friends senced all along. I recently was bittin by a spider on the foot, my foot swelled up for two days..I thought it was a poision spider and that I was going to die. Well I didnt die, the swelling went down but the overwhelming feeling of dizzyness did not. I went to the doctors where he gave me meds for the lightheadedness (that cause dizzyness?) and some effexor for the anxiety/depression and said that I was probley dehydrated.

Days later im still dizzy... So today I started reading how anxiety causes dizzyness sometimes for years. Im sure thats me, if theres one thing I can always count on its my anxiety. I feel a little better now....I know its not a brain tumor (or at least I can try to covience myself) but I still cant shake it....Does anybody know any tricks to freeing myself from this dizzy hell? I have nobody to talk to about this and I feel very alone...If I could find some friends that deal with similar problems that would be great...Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2004
Re: Dizzy Help Dizzy
Hi, i'm 26yr. Old & I was just in a bad car accident. I had two surgerys & was in icu for nine days. I have only been home for a month. This and tv is all I can really do. I'm feeling a little sorry for my self.

I have been blacking out or feeling like I was going to a lot lately. After reading you post I read about anxiety. I have 98% of the symptoms listed.

The thing that scared me is I have had them for years. I have always worried about everything but didn't think anything was wrong with me. Do you think I should ask my doctor?

Thank you for sharing your story. It gave me some incite about myself. Sorry I couldn't help you more.
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Yeah I have been feeling dizzy lately what I do to try to control it for awhile is.. I try to do things to get my mind off feeling dizzy I play some cards or watch some tv or talk to my friends just things that make me not think abotu feeling dizzy.
|

replied September 1st, 2004
Hey have you guys checked you breathing? I get dizzy sometimes but then I checked my breathing and found that either I am breathing too fast and shallow... Or I was unconsiously holding my breath

i believe that cbt will train you to breath better... Like 3 seconds in ... 3 seconds out... Nice and gentle .. Not too deep..
|

replied September 10th, 2004
Dizzines
Hi my name is dawn. I started feeling dizzy about 3 years ago. In the past I have had a cuple of real vertigo spells (like is room is actually spinning) but now I am lseft with a constant feeling..Hard to describe...Kinda like sitting in a boat in the water. I have told my doctor and others but no one has of yet told me that it has to do with anxiety..Which I also have. I even have the sunburn like sensation in my knin on my hands and arms. Last night I read a post of others having the same skin sensations..And was actually relieved to hear that they had been told it was due to anxiety. I have tried the breathing techniques and although they are really good they have not helped my dizziness. Any ideas anyone? Thanks so much, dawn Sad
|

replied October 17th, 2004
Hello
Hello, I have so many symptoms from my anxiety, panic disorder. I am also agoraphobic but the anxiety and panic is the worst. My heart beats weird like palpitations or skips beats takes my breath away. I do have the dizziness which is the back of the head. It feels like pressure and my dizziness will never go away. I developed anxiety and panic 10yrs ago and now it is the vertigo feeling. I cant stand that at all makes me feel really depressed. I dont feel like I am in my body. Does anyone know this feeling. I have had head mri, spinal (cervical, middle and lumbar) no signs of ms or tumors. (thank god). I am hypoglycemic too but I wish I could just fix all of this. Does anyone have these symptoms? I also have stiking like cold shooting pains in my brain. I would love for some replies. Thank you so much.
Steph
|

replied October 17th, 2004
Dizziness For 2 Days
Hello plz help I have been feeling dizzy for 2 days.I don't know what it is. Saturday morning I got to go use the restroom and almost fell back onto the bed. Then I awoke and I felt the dizziness and almost fell down I stopped and leaned up against the wall. I thought maybe I got up too fast. Well all day saturday and sunday I felt this way.People have been saying that it could be anxiety wow never knew that.My friends said it maybe equal libriam or high blood pressure or not getting enough water or exercize. I'm stumped. I am over weight female in my late 30's and hispanic. I don't know if any of that plays a part in my dizziness. Well I am going to make an appointment sometime this week. Thx all any comments you may have I would greatly appreciate
xxxletterz02xxx
|

replied October 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Get your hearing checked-sometimes dizziness is related to ear problems or drinking
|

replied October 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Maybe you are nuts Laughing
|

replied November 8th, 2004
I've had dizziness for 2 1/2 months, I was put on xanex and I use it as needed, and now im on lexapro and it's been about 2 weeks. I went to see a natural healing doc, and he thinks it was my gallbladder, ever since i've been on the herbal pills I havent experienced any dizziness except for lastnight when I woke up breifly in the middle of the night, this has really interfeared with my life. Im 24 yrs old and, im not sure if it's my gallbladder or just a chemical imbalance.....Altho im feeling better now, im still trying to come out of depressing myself.

Ive also experienced the breathing, where I was breathing shallow or stoped breathing...Then when I realized it I would have to catch my breath....I've had most symptoms I see others posting about
|

replied November 12th, 2004
I have had dizzyness on and off for 4 months just cant seem to shake it had a ct scan which was fine am on serc which works every now and then also have stomach probs and fatague not sure if there related or not ?
|

replied November 12th, 2004
You should try an mri I think they can see more than a ct scan, I hope that helps
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Re: Hello
I do have very similar symptoms for last 4 months. Mri - normal, blood - normal, every test - normal. It started 7 years ago, I got dizzy at work some times, at weekend everything went normal, vacation helps a lot. But for last 4 months i'm having the constant dizziness. Doctor telling me it could be anxiety, so he is prescribed lexapro, let's see if it will work.

[quote="professionalfemale"]

i do have the dizziness which is the back of the head. It feels like pressure and my dizziness will never go away.I have had head mri, spinal (cervical, middle and lumbar) no signs of ms or tumors.
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Experienced User
Dizziness
Dizziness can be caused by iron poor blood, a b12 deficiency,decreased blood supply to the brain,tumor, bleeding in skull,heart rhythm disorder,adverse reaction to a drug, infection or disorder in the ear, pressure on nerves in neck, temporary drop in blood pressure, disorder of red blood cells, concussion of head, not eating properly or not sleeping enough. Recommend a complete blood workup and seeing a doctor, also high or low blood pressure
|

replied November 18th, 2004
Dizzy Help Dizzy
Are you going through a rough time or did you? The reason I ask is because 8 years ago I went thru what I thought was the most awful time in my life I was 18 and everything was going wrong. One day I woke up and felt so dizzy and sick I thought I was just comming down with something. 3 years later"still feeling ill" I found out it was stress.... I weighed 103lbs during that time I got married started a new job and I was still dizzy and ill I saw another doctor who told me I should talk to someone. I did I saw her twice and I haven't been back. I was cured I occasionally get the spells but I try to be strong and have I don't care attitude that really helps but on the other hand I found out I have tmj and I was reading on the other forums about it and my dizzyness could be caused from that???
|

replied November 19th, 2004
Usually when im feelin really stressed or anxious I start getting migraines..Havnt felt dizzy in awhile, but ive been their.
Our minds think of the possibilities of somthing being wrong, and build up the thoughts to the point where we actually start feeling what were thinking. Atleast thats what ive experianced and come to beleive, its just takes alot to tell your-self that your fine.
|

replied November 19th, 2004
As much as I tell myself im not dizzy I still stay dizzy seems it is worse when im at work which dont help a bit
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Dizzy
I have a seizure disorder. I feel dizzy most of the time. I am also on meds that can make you dizzy.
Often I get eeg's and mri's. If you have already had mri's consider getting an eeg and I hate to say it, but I hope that you are feeling dizzy when you are having the eeg...At least they can see what all is going on.

Let me know.
Connie elaine

hope you all feel better, I really feel for you. I've been dizzy for years.
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Thank u for the advice I will try your sugestions and hope for the best
|

replied November 23rd, 2004
Another interesting thing. If I stay out of tv and pc my dizziness go away. Rolling Eyes
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...