Hi,

i have suffered from diplopia since I was about 16. Mine occurs when I look right, as soon as my eyes move from straight ahead I get double vision. It also happens on the far left.

I was never told what caused it and I have just lived with it. I have recently been getting strong pains in my head which the doctor put down to trinomial nuralgia. At the time I rarely wore my glasses (prisms), but the doctor suggested I ware them all the time, which I now do.

The problem is that its now getting to the point where I have to wear them. I have difficulty playing sports and driving if they are not on.

The question I have is: - is wearing the glasses making the muscle lazy and thus making the problem worse, or is it just that I am now more used to 'normal' vision that I notice it more when the glasses are off?

Any help would be appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....