Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Suggestions Forum

Problems Related to Children(not Babies/toddlers)

I am not talking about babies as there are numerous sites re pregnancy & babies - rather I feel that we need a site/forum for parents of children (any age) to come for help & advice on any & all issues faced by parents or guardians or carers(daycare/preschool even teachers!!) of children.

Children & young people have so many health related problems & often their arents/carers lack knowledge, help, advice & don't even know where to start.

It's fine to say that these people can go to the sites relevant to the topic (eg arthritis, appendicitis, mental health) but as a parent there are many other issues that also need to be dealt with including guilt. Plus many of the issues are related specifically to the child's age or to other issues such as education & thus the "regular" forums become inappropriate.

Last edited by purple333 on August 8th, 2004 11:54 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
An adolescent forum would be very helpful!I often tell my stepson that god made babies cute because they eventually turn into teenagers.Teens go through a whole different thing then when I was a teen,sharing stories would be helpful.
|

replied August 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Mmmhmmmm I agree. Smile
|

replied August 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Teens & Primary School Age??
Maybe a split forum for teens & another for younger say primary school age - 4/5 to 11/12 years??

There's alot of help available - everywhere for young mums, for mums of babies, for those who are pregnant Cool - what does the world think Twisted Evil that all the problems, worries, fears, anger etc just suddenly disppear once they're no longer toddlers!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

parents, step-parents, grandparents, doctors(?), carers, teachers etc all need help, need somewhere maybe to just go & vent (safely) about kids who are still kids (or young adults) but who are no longer babies or toddlers!!
|

replied August 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Parenting
Great idea,parenting does not stop after the first year.The kids do not come with instructions,not that i've seen anyway! Laughing patty
|

replied August 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What's worse though is the fact that everyone & their dog does have instructions for you!! Usually though when a) you don't ask for it b) you don't need it & worst c) they don't actually offer any real help just complaints about you or the kid!!

Many people who don't have kids of their own do come into contact with kids (through family, job or whatever) & they too could come to a forum like this for advice or as I said before even just to vent!!
|