Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

ache in lower abdomen, swelling and general discomfort

For the past 19 months hv bn suffering from either pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis. Had laparoscopy feb 03 which showed no sign of endo but lots of scar tissue and adhesions - also very inflamed. Have had lots short courses of anti-biotics which did not seem to do much and also had hormone tablets which also had no effect. Had long course of doxycycline last oct and I really thought I was cured and went back to work for 3 months.

Symptoms currently include continual ache in lower abdomen, swelling and general discomfort. Also, I am always worn out from doing not very much, top of legs ache and also low back ache. Very painful periods with rectal bleeding. Take ibuprofen every day.

Another laparoscopy scheduled for 16 aug at another hospital by different consultant. Hopefully this time will get some results. Consultant seems to think it is straightforward that if there are no signs of endo as before and pelvis is inflamed then it is a chronic infection - may have to have hysterectomy.

Has anyone else out there had any similar problems - all input welcome.

Regards troubled taurean Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms don't correlate with endometriosis. You would need hysterectomy in order to get rid of this condition.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.