Sometimes I dream that I am having an aura, but I can't speak to tell anyone it's happening. When I have one when awake I can and even walk to the hospital if I am close. Anyway I think it's just my anxiety but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had dreams about their e and if you thoght it affected or was apredeterminer to an oncomming seizure. It just freaks me out because it just started happening over the last couple of years.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2004
I haven't ever had anything like that happen while I was awake, but when I have been on certain meds, or really stressed or tired, I will sometimes have sleep paralysis, and feel like i'm going to have a seizure. I feel like if I could just move my arm or leg or get out of bed I could prevent the seizure, but of course I can't. Sometimes i'll even dream that I did get up and that i'm moving around my room, and then i'll realize it didn't happen and i'm still lying in bed and a seizure is coming on. It's always kind of scary, and i've never gotten a straight answer from any of my neurologists about whether or not it's connected to the epilepsy or not, but it does seem to happen in waves (it'll happen for a while, then disappear for a long time).
|

replied July 29th, 2004
Thanx
My dreams come in waves as well and I am currently in one of those now. I am concerned because I haven't had a seizure in years. For a while now i've been feeling like i've just been waiting to have one I think about it all the time. I just don't know hat to do because the doctors here are useless. They either know nothing or just say ... Don't worry .....How about some anti anxiety meds, without even asking more questions or running any tests. I haven't seen a neuro in about 13 years and I am getting to the point of maybe seeing one again. Right now I don't even have a doctor because mine left town so I am seeing yet again someone new next week, who knows nothing i'm sure. I think I am freaked out because now that I have kids it's a big deal if I have a seizure. All my seizures are status that's why I go to the hospital right when the auras start for a shot of valium. I just really want to know if I am really having anxiety attacks or not. I had suposedly grew out of it when I was 13 or so but the seizures returned after my son was born. I'm back on tegretol 300mg 3times/day and it seems to work I just feel weird lately. I get levels done every 6 months or so and liver funtion tests done as well once a year. I just don't know why I am so afraid now I am very luck to not have many seizures but they are so bad and the longer I go with out one the worse I feel. I sometimes feel like if I had one it would release this horribe built up feeling inside. I 'm sorry to go on and on I feel better to get this off my chest now. I don't have anyone to talk to about this because since my seizures are infrequent I feel that noone understands how this really affects my life. I'm getting more afraid to work long hours, get a new job, go places alone...Ect. I will see the doc and try to be more assertive this time. Thank-you for reading my novel.
|

replied July 29th, 2004
Tigerlilyz I feel so bad for you. I know what it's like to deal with doctors who feel like they are god and know everything, so what possibly could you have to tell or teach them? It's very frustrating, and yet there are some good doctors out there. One of my best experiences was with a brand-new doctor who was all fired up and full of enthusiasm. He dealt really well with me and was open to trying all sorts of things if I really wanted to. He made sure to keep up to date and was still humble enough to go to another doctor for help if he felt over his head. Maybe someone like that could help you, sometimes the idea they have that they are going to save the world helps! Meanwhile I know it sounds trite, but try not to get into a vicious cycle of worry that will actually bring on some more negative symptoms. Even if it means posting here ten times a day so that you feel that someone is listening to you, do it if it helps.
|

replied August 11th, 2004
I really only get my seizures at bedtime. Now I take keppra now and it is a wonder drug. I really don't get them like I did. When I was getting them all the time it was at bedtime. I would get them just as I go to sleep. Mind you I would not even know what would happen at all. I would call my parents and talk until I came out of it. My parents always say I can't really talk on the phone because i'm in a seizure. Thank god they don't think it's a crank call.

I never know I have it until they tell me so.
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....