Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Would You Rather..? (Page 1)

Would you rather spend a lot of your money on your wedding, and have an extravogant (sp??) wedding?

Or

spend more of your money on your honeymoon and go somewhere really nice and be able to do lots of things?

Just a random thought I had Laughing I cant decide, though lol

<3
gaby
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Honeymoon. Big weddings are overrated!
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Ooohh I would certainly spend it all on a nice honeymoon. I would like a nice wedding, but it owuld be a small affair. My sisters wedding preparations is a nightmare. People are refusing to come because they cant bring their kids (their would be no space for any of their friends). Oh I think I might just elope to gretna green
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I already did that! We had a little thrown together wedding and spent a week and a half in paris for our honeymoon! I'd definetly do it that way again too! It was loads of fun! We got to be in paris for new years and dance down the .Champs .Elysees!
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Definetly the honeymoon. I dont want a big wedding... I just want a small simple wedding thats on a little penisula, underneath a big weeping willow tree... Then have the reception at a park or something... I want it outdoors. The funny thing is, I was telling my best friend about my dream wedding underneath a willow tree on a cute little pennisula type thing, and shes like well have fun trying to find it... I was like I already did... Kevins grandmas cottage is on a lake, and they got this pennisula, with this beautiful weeping willow... Its actually the neighbors but he would let us get married on it... I think water is romantic... Lol so is fog. I know im weird Laughing
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Good Question
Well me & mike are going to be rich Laughing so I want a biiiiiggggg, irish catholic wedding which means every family member & friend will be there-which means literally hundreds of people! I just want to have a huge fancy wedding! Our honeymoon will probably be somewhere tropical like the seychelles :d
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey I would go for the big wedding. Lol. I can take a trip anywhere anytime but the moment of the big wedding is once in a life time, unless you get married again hehe. But like for my wedding it was kinda big, yet small. It was in a hotel on the beach. On the very top floor where the whole room rotates so you can watch the sunset and the town as you eat dinner. And we walked to the beach and took pictures. I would have made it alot bigger with more decorations, a huge cake, some ice cream (which I didnt get so I bought me a milk shake later hehe) and a big dj with a mariachi band to play during dinner, but I was on a budget so I didnt get my mariachi lol.
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Experienced User
I would rather spend more on my honeymoon!
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lovely pics :d
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Aww, those are so pretty! You looked awesome!

Yeah I think id go for the big wedding too, lol im not sure why, just been my fantasysince I was a lil girl! Laughing

<3
gaby
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe, but you can get a lot more honeymoon for your money. And no matter how much you spend, your wedding only lasts 30-60 mins.
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I say spend more on the honeymoon. I don't get the whole *choosing china* for your wedding thing. I'm cheap. I say dixie cups and paper plates. Lol. I would have a dj maybe at the reception.....And only immediate familky and friends.....Not too big. And probably get married on the beach or something....You dont have to book a church! Lol.....The most expensive thing at my wedding will be my dress! Lmao.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What about photography and videography? My photos/videos were 3 times as much as my dress!
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Well I choose niether. It is not really b/c of the money per se, b/c I could have the biggest wedding and the most expensive honey I want, and the money wouldn't be a problem. But i'd rather be more responsible with the money. I am going to have a small to medium sized wedding, (meaning the guests), and I won't spend more than $7,000 or $8,000 on it, and for my honeymoon, we are going someplace in the us that we have never been. I really rather not go out of the country.
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Gosh brenda rub that one in!!!!! Lol. Man im jealous!! You had everything perfect! Dammit. I wanna get married in vegas! Lol. Ill marry jose again.
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thats easy.....Slap a video camera in someones hand and put disposable cameras on all the tables......Lol. I'm so cheap!
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol chrissy I did that! My mom had the camera, I put cameras on eah tables, got some good pics and some ghetto ones too! Lol I said take pics of the wedding not of your shoe!!! Lol hey I was on a budget
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol...Yeah and besides....I could spend money on better things.....Like .F.O.O.D!!! Lol!
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hahaha nerd. Im still planning for my baby shower to make it a pizza party!!! Mmm and if anyone has a problem with that...Well they can eat at home!
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lol chrissy your so funny! Lol why not just be cheap with the food too? Chicken nuggets and tator tots! Maybe some mac n' cheese too lol... Thats just too funny... Dixie cups and paper plates... My moms wedding she had the reception at her house, and she blocked off the street for the kids to play in, she hired her friend to dj for cheap, bought a bunch of cheap disposable cameras, had my sisters dad video tape it, and her bestfriends husband video tape in black and white for free, and she used paper cups and plates. The most expensive thing at her wedding was probably her dress and the pig lol... They had a pig roast, and it was really gross looking... Lol who wants to watch somebody cook up a whole pig(head and everything yuck!) on a big grill, in the middle of the street? But the reception was fun though. Lol my mom and stepdad wore tie-die to their reception. Laughing
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...