Well girls I had the most awful night. It started at like 9:00pm I got this god awful headache! I mean I took the tylenol and rested up. Finally I went to mom and asked her for a massage. Well right as I got in the floor I had back pain and then contractions! I mean I had contractions every 3 minutes lasting for 45-60sec. My mom called the mid wife and told her she said come in. By the way she called her at like 12am, anyways we waited another 30 minutes and then left. I got there at 1 still having contractions. 71 on the toco thingy. Hen some at 80 and 90. Anyways it all stopped. I mean I was laying there in total relief and thanking god that it was over when all the sudden I got this major headache again! Mom said you okay I am gonna go get the nurse so she came in and said whats wrong I said its this headache it is back and its bad. Next thing you know the number is flying again on the toco and I am squeezing the bed rail. More contractions!!! Well they released me at 3:30am said it was not the real deal. She basically said she did not believe me, that she was hearing 10 diffrent srories. I was like wha??? She said I dont understand your doc knows you have a blood pressure increase and still tells you to walk, obviously she is not worried at all! I was like what? Then she says healthy beginings is not suppose to keep people that are high risk for pregnancy induced hypertension. That they are suppose to send you to the special place. I was like look lady I only know what I am told. My mom was so pissed off she was like what the lady. She says my daughter is in pain and she comes here telling you what her doc says and this is how you react f it we might as well leave! So she checked my cervix she said I dont know how effaced you are she said dont appear to have anything. I was like wait last time I went to the doc she said I was a fingertip and that I was 20% effaced she aid yeah but that is nothing. So it dont even matter. Well they were suppose to give me an ultrasound to "tag" the baby and see her position and they did not. They let me go. I was like this hosp sucks so bad!!! I mean when we first got there we went to the emergancy part were the midwife told us to go and there were f-ing cockroaches everywhere! I went to the bathroom to give them a sample and did not want to even pee by the toiulet needless to say I got pee everywhere Embarassed I flipped some on my pants and everything. My brother and matt was there. Now my bro is 6'9 and matt is 6'3. They were laying in the floor ans security came told them if they were so tired to go home so my brother and matt were like no. Matt goes my g/f is in there in labor I am not going anywhere. Dan goes thats my sister in there and I am for her. We go in there when she wants us to. For now we got to sit here it 2am and we got ball tomm. For now we are sleeping in your cockroach infested floors waiting to see my neice and his daughter, matt is not the father he was just saying that cause he did not want to get kicked out. Well mom to the rescue, she went out there and went crazy on the guys. I was like omg can I just be in labor??? Then they said we cant have that many people so mom ripped the thing off the wall that says when the mother is in labor she can have as many visitors as she wants to make her more comfy and when mom showed them taht they were like well you need to get out of the floor. Mom goes excuse me but do you expect them to sleep in those chairs??? They sre huge and they don't fit! Mom got her way and they did not get kicked out thank god I would have cried. So when we go back to the doc on thur. We are telling thme we want to switch hosp. I hope they let us. I mean I asked for ice, an hour later I got ice all right. Big chunks of it, not chipped ice at all.

Okay well no baby still and I am done ranting just pissed about the way I was treated and the way my family was and also at how disgusting the hosp. Is. It is good samaritan in cincinnati, oh. I am trying to switch to bethesda north wish me luck!!!! Also the docs there are completely stupid.

Lots of love,
heather and hayley
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Shocked omg that sounds terrible! You should definetly switch hospitals! They cant tell you no, its your health care. I wouldnt even want to be in there with cockroaches with the fear of bringing them home with me, and having to deal with cockroaches the rest of my life! Um arent hospitals supposed to be sanitary? I think you should report that to somebody. I dunno who, but there has to be somebody that could take care of that nasty place. Is it just a tiny hospital that dont know what they are doing, or is it a big one? I just cant believe that. I would probably flip and try to kill that midwife! Midwives are supposed to be loving and caring and closer to you right? To make your labor expirience better right? Sounds like she just some nurse with an attitude problem that thinks shes on the top of the world. There are alot of them out there. Ugh that just pisses me off just hearing about it! Im so sorry you had such a bad night. Good luck with switching hospitals and gettin that baby out! Wink :d
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
So is she still in the hospital? She never said that she went home so did somebody post that for her while she was in the hospital or did she go home?
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Oh esus heather, I cant believe u had to go thru that!!!
That hospital definetly sounds like the shits and I woudl totally request to switch hospitals... That is so not right how they were treating you at all. Next time a doc treats u that way, scream at him! He cant call someone in labour a "liar" like f**k, obviously he could see the pain ur in. Boy some people may be professional but they sure dont act professional Confused
I hope ur better today... Call me this evening!!

Shauna
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Erin~ I believe she is at home now...
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks. Man that's quite an ordeal! I hope you get tons better doctors next time! Get out of that rat hole!! Lol.
|

replied July 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Damn that sucks that reminds me of my sitty weedend in the hospitals. I hope your headache is gone.

Brenda
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey girls. Thanks for letting me rant like that, lol. I feel better today only dont want to walk I mean it feels like my pelvic bone has completely split and I want tosquat and walk. Yeah they sent me home at like 4am and I got on and posted about it then. It totally sucked! The hosp. Is actually a big hosp. In downtown cincinnati. I mean I was in shock cause I been to floor 8 for all the u/s and it was nice I loved it, but florr 9 is labor and delivery and geez your thinking it would be much cleaner there seeing that your delivering your baby!! It sucked so bad and I am gonna be reporting it just want to wait till I have my baby cause I dont want to screw up anything till she is here, lol. Just incase I cant switch hosp. And such.
So anyways thanks and shauna sorry I did not call will call tomm. Around 2 and want to hear all about your doc appt. Hopefuly it goes good this time, lol.
Lots of love,
heather and hayley
|

replied July 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What time is it there right now heather??

Shauna
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...