Is ciprofloxacin safe to flush down the toilet?....Why im asking this is because I might be pregnant & there for the possibility part I cant finish taking it! What I read about the drug on webmd.Com 100% accurate, is that the fda forbids takin it if you might be pregnant so I stopped taking it. I went off it without contacting my doctor. I need to know b4 my mom & sister find out I stopped taking it! I'm only 17 Sad help!

Holly
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Holly - I dont know why it wouldnt be safe to flush it down the toilet! Why are you on cipro, if you dont mind me asking! Of course, anytime you are starting/quitting any kind of medication you need to talk with your doctor! I'm going to look that drug up for ya in one of my drug books (i'm a nursing student!) and i'll pm you to let you know what I find out about it being contraindicated in pregnancy! Talk with you soon!
Lauren
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Its an antibiotic right? Well anything safe for humans to take has to be ok for the env, short term, so go ahead and flush! I don't think it'll hurt the toilet Laughing
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...