I'm 15 years old and I have lots of gray hair i've been told it's caused by stress, but other people tell me it's because I get angry all the time. Which is true?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hair Turning Grey Too Early...
Grey hair can be caused due to high levels of stress, i'd be concerned about you being highly stressed at the young age of 15, there should be councillors, doctors or family & friends who can help you overcome things that are bothering you. You may have anxiety in which case there is definately treatment available. My auntie turned completely grey in about 5 days after her daughter died, this was something that she has never gotten over, but at the time she was a complete wreck. Other factors can be genetic, has anyone else in your family gone grey at an early age ? There are some wonderful permanent hair colours on the market now days that cover over grey completely, and they are very natural looking. So if it bothers you enough then that is what I would suggest to gain your confidence back again.
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Well I know a guy who has alot of white hair and it is genetic because he has like no stress at all. And my husband has some white hair and he says he gets it from his dad. I just say hes old! Hes not really (only 25) but I like to bug him about it!
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Nikki, I think what the lady is trying to say is that she is 15 and has grey hair, this is not normal. You seem to be referring to people who are twice this girls age who are grey, which is to be expected. I don't think she is concerned about your dad, or husband going grey from old age, but more so going grey from stress.
|

replied September 29th, 2003
Experienced User
Cindy1
Cindy you _seem_ to be a !**@! moron!!! You have been attacking nikki on every post she's been on. Leave her to her alone!! Geeez!!

She was not refering to anyone twice this girls age. I don't recall her stating anyone's age except her husband, who is 25. And if you do your math...15 x 2 does not equal 25.
|

replied September 30th, 2003
I'm 19 and a am more stressed than stress and I don't have gray hairs at all. It might be something in your family that cause the gray hair and your anger ticks it off.
|

replied September 30th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I didnt only mean my husband, and I said he gets it from *his* dad, not mine. My friend bruno was 19. And he was real cool and calm, but had alot of white hair and it was genetic too. He didnt even bother dying it. It didnt bother him, but it might be genetic. And my husband is not stressed or old, thank you. He is very happy and funloving.

Thanks carvytaph!!!
|

replied October 5th, 2003
Stress
I have known several people over the years that were 25-50% gray haired while still in their mid/late teens. It is probably just something genetic, having nothing to do with nerves or anger. Just get a box of hair color and don't sweat it.
|

replied October 9th, 2003
Hi, I went to school with a girl that was going grey at 15 also. I don't think it had anything to do with stress. I think some people are just predisposed to go grey earlier than others. Does it really bother you? Do you want to colour your hair? There are so many cool colours out there now, you could even streak your hair, if your mum or one of your friends would help you! I think it would be really hard to do that on your own!!
Have fun with it!!
|

replied October 14th, 2003
My uncle went grey at 17.

Sometimes it's normal.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Jeff Bailey
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...