Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Oommgg--added Convo-no More Worries

Okay im sittin here on yahoo, right?--i get an im from someone and he says hi, im like hey, who is this?

Guess who it is?
Chris! My babys daddy~!, im sooo frustrated right now---
he said he was taking me to court in like august or something for joint custody..

Do yall think he can get it? I mean hes an ex-felon.

Im sooo stressed!

My moms pissed~zanes pissed~

stupid yahoo member search! Argh
sorry needed to vent...

Last edited by *[email protected]* on July 21st, 2004 08:05 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I already told you not to stress about this. There is no way he can get joint custody. He doesnt know where you live, what your number is. Hes not listed on the birth certificate. Hes not giving you any money nor has he made an effort to see the baby. Hes a felon for attempted you know what. He already has another son he doesnt take care of. Now you tell me looking at this list, what judge is gonna see good in him and let him have joint custody? The only thing he can possibly get is supervised visitation. But only according to your schedule and with the supervised visitation, he must pay child support. So why would he even try to do all that? Hes looking at alot of court dates before he can even have a peek at jaydyn. Just dont stress. Hes only try to make things hard for you, when actually its gonna get hard for him.
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
No honey, don't worry about it at all. If anything he will get like partial custody (like every other weekend or some crap) but you can request that he gets supervised visitation. If he is a felon then I don't think they would have any problem with that.
But, there is no way he will get joint custody. You would have to be on the virge of unfit or something which I am sure you are not. Try not to stress about it. I know it is a very scary thought, but just keep in mind that you are a great mother and no court is going to take away your baby to give to a felon.
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
How old is he? How old were you when you first got pregnant? If you have to you might be able to have your mom get him for having sex with you under the age of 18... But I dunno, it all depends on alot of things I guess... But he is a felon! I really dont think they are going to give him joint custody... My dad used to have partial custody, but then he gave all custody to my mom. I dont know if he had to or what... But he is a severe alcohalic and spent most of my life in jail... He can ask for visitation rights, and like the others said, you can ask for supervised because of his record and you dont feel he could properly care for your child... But now you can get him for child support! My that @$$ pay!
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Nikki is right jordan. I mean even if by some miracle he does get you in to court, just remember to stay calm. The judge will ask you or your lawyer why you don't want joint custody, and then you break out the big guns. Basically everthing nikki listed. He is an ex-con #1, and by the "attemted you know what " that nikki said, well let's just say I get it. If he already has another child that he is not taking care of be sure to mention that. And that he has made no effort to see jaydyn.

And believe me no judge in his/her right mind would grant someone joint custody after hearing something like that. And if this does go down, when the judge denies the motion for joint custody, be sure to tell your lawyer that you want to file for child support, and the court will have all of his info.

So if ya'll take a step back ,and look at this ya'll will see that there is no reason to worry at all.

Ohh and if he contacts you again online, be sure to print it out.
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Jordan,
stay calm. There is no way he'll be awarded anything! Girl, save everything! And I mean .E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. He sends! Print it out every time. You'll need all that to back up. But he's a felon (never an ex). He is a felon and he'll never get her. Trust in god to keep her where she belongs!
Love,
chanda
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Cheeky crap! How dare he! No way they wont let him see her-with his record I dont think so at all.No one in their right mind would let him have joint custody.Dont worry huni-things will be fine & jaydyn will be better off with zane in her life then chris.He doesnt deserve to his her
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Everyone here is right jordan. Gimme his sn ill give him the verbal beating from hell. Lol. Its ok we all know he is not going to get custody hun.
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Experienced User
Definatly don't worry. If he is not a current active part in the babies life.. No way.

Also if his name isn't on the birth certificate another problem, he has to prove the baby is his by a dna test which he will probably have to pay for and those are not cheap.

There are many reasons I wouldn't worry! Don't let him get to you, he's probably just trying to get your panties in a wad!
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Experienced User
*****this was late last nite in a offline*****

*chris* hey I just got your off line messages ,,,,anyways we are going to court I talk to my lawyers already so now I guess you will get child support but I get my visitation

*****this was the morninn in an offline*****

*chris* hey jordan ,, I thought about things all night and I guess I will leave you alone and stay out of your life,,,,,,,but when our daughter gets older and finds out I did wanna see her you will be the bad person in the end ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

*jordan* if she wants to see u when she gets older thats her choice not mine, but thats a decision I want her to make not b forced to. Thanks

so no more worries :d
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Yea plus he aint got no money
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Haha! He just said he'd rather not see her than have to pay, and he thinks you're going to be the bad guy? What a !**@!!
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Yea--hes a butt----he doesnt care...Iasked him to just sign ova his rights but he said no
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Tell him if he doesn't you're going to take him to court to pay child support. Obviously not paying right now is more important to him than seeing her. He'll probably give in rather than pay. Make sure he knows that if he comes under judgement to pay and doesn't, then he goes to jail. You can even put something in the contract saying that if he signs over his rights he doesnt' have to pay. Maybe that'll make him more likely to sign.
|
Tags: Pregnancy, august
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...