My bf & I 's condom broke about 3 wks ago so I went to our health center the next day for emergency contraception and they were also able to fit me in that day for an annual exam. A week later the doctor called me & said my std tests were fine except the chlamydia came back positive so I was then diagnosed & treated on the spot for chlamydia with an oral, 1 time use treatment medication. I thought I had a uti b/c I had to pee frequently and it hurt right right b4 my bladder was completely empty but didnt burn/hurt during urination. Now, about 2 wks after treatment, I have somewhat of a discharge [milky white/very faint green tinge sometimes] and odor, and i've also had expulsions of air out of my vagina when i'm just working out or doing nothing, as well as a little bit of discomfort w/urination again... Embarassed is this just my body still healing itself from the chlamydial infection? I've never had a yeast infection or anything b4 so i'm not sure if thats what it is, b/c the symptoms dont seem to follow that. Help! Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2004
I also forgot to mention, i've recently started birth control [mircette] and haven't had any side effects, unless this is one?
|

replied October 14th, 2004
It Might Be Trichomoniasis
Your symptoms sound like trichomoniasis. Did they test you for that std? It sometimes hard to find and you should ask to culture for it, not just wet prep.
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....